Need Some Input on Pirate Themed Song

Teksaur

This is the song

I've been working on this song for about 2 and a half weeks now. Don't know why its taken me this long to get this far, but I'm constantly changing things and never satisfied with a sound sounding "ok". Anyways I also have the 2 other work in progresses so you can see how the songs has transformed so far. I decided not to make it pirate themed until the last minute when I came up with a new melody and threw and accordion on and it sounded amazing! Anyways I really really like feedback, and would appreciate constructive criticism, or what you guys would like to hear in the song.

Here's what I've been using to make the beats:
VOCALS - taken from freesound.org - Freesound.org - pack: Shawn D by Corsica_S & My own vocals
MAIN BASS - Fl Harmor over an accordion vst ( Download Free Accordion plug-in: Accordion by Safwan Matni)
PERCUSSION - No bull$hit! I've layered and made from scratch every kick, snare, hi-hats to percs in there, and nothing was straight up taken from a sound pack dry. (probably why it takes me soo long to make my music)
LEADS - Lots of different vst's

Last edited:
see if you can find Dweezil Zappa's I want a yacht (with Bobcat Goldthwaite on it) have a listen to that for some more ideas

also most sea based music tends to be in 6/8 or 12/8 as that is the gait needed to walk on the boat as it pitches, yaws and rolls on the seas

So maybe check out some sea shanties for additional ideas as well

Back