Need help (which of the 3?)

Kossae

I just recently graduated from high school and got a decent amount of money for it. I already bought a 250gb hard drive to go towards my music production venture (i have been producing for about 5-6 years). However, I have $100 left and I'm in a predicament. There are 3 $100 items I have been looking at, but I cannot decide which to get. I am determined to get one of them, but I just need some kind of guidance towards which one.

-M-Audio Midi Keyboard Controller
-M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI
-Akai MPD16

I produce rap/hip-hop. Also I was wondering, using FL, if the Audiophile would allow me to bring my buffer setting down more while using more VSTi instruments, or if that is more on the CPU/RAM. I currently have a SBLive 5.1 which is horrible, but it works. I was considering the midi keyboard because it would help me get my ideas out alot easier, and the drum pads for the same thing. If someone could please give me some advice I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Kossae said:
I just recently graduated from high school and got a decent amount of money for it. I already bought a 250gb hard drive to go towards my music production venture (i have been producing for about 5-6 years). However, I have $100 left and I'm in a predicament. There are 3 $100 items I have been looking at, but I cannot decide which to get. I am determined to get one of them, but I just need some kind of guidance towards which one.

-M-Audio Midi Keyboard Controller
-M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI
-Akai MPD16

I produce rap/hip-hop. Also I was wondering, using FL, if the Audiophile would allow me to bring my buffer setting down more while using more VSTi instruments, or if that is more on the CPU/RAM. I currently have a SBLive 5.1 which is horrible, but it works. I was considering the midi keyboard because it would help me get my ideas out alot easier, and the drum pads for the same thing. If someone could please give me some advice I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI or something like it.

The SBLive 5.1 is your weakest link

So would it allow me to have alot lower latency in FL using ASIO drivers or something like that? I'm using the ASIO drivers that came with Cubase for FL somehow, and they are pretty straight, but I was hoping if I invested in this new card that it would allow me to have substantially lower latency. True or false?

Also, would there be a way I could run my 1/4" guitar cable direct in to the audiophile with good recording quality out of the box?

Last edited:
M-Audio Midi Keyboard Controller

was my first thing of equ. U can do everything u need 2 and then just make money from that and then get other stuff. u can do drums and everything else on there.

dude GET THE MIDI CONTROLLER....I have the audiophile 2496 And I had the SB one also....I know alot of kats that do fine w/ that card....the midi controller at this point is your best bet bro!!

Back