Need help Wall Mounting my Synth and MPC

NIGHTWING

I touched on this before in a nother post, I was told it has and can be done.

I want to place my main gear Flat against the wall. Kinda like how a Flat screen TV goes.

**Just to be clear, when I say wall mount, I dont want The mounts to be attached to the wall creating Tiers emulating Synth stands keeeping the keyboards keys upright like its laying on a table.**
I dont want that because I think It will create to much stress on the wall holding it as I bang away on the keys. Plus Im also goin for the look I'd rather have. And saving space.

I want them Flat so the Keys are flat paralell to the wall, so when I play it will be kinda like im baning on the wall.

So I need some kind of Brackets that will hold the outer sides on my Motif so the stress will be placed there. Or maybe some kind of bracket that had a tightening clamp, that way I can install the brackets first, put the Keyboard up there, then tighten it into place. That way removal is easiest.

Any Ideas will be of great use. A step by step would be a miracle. lol Plus if anyone else has done this before please let me know or show me. I want to do this for 2 boards that I have, plus my MPC 1000. I think the Wall may be Dry Wall if that detail helps at all.

Im not too worried about the wiring, because I have that part figured out on my head. I just have diffuclity figuring out what type of brackets might be good, and where to get them.

Thanx in advance. :confused:

i cant understand why you want to do this in the first place..the main reason is youll even damage your hands playing the instruments in a unnatural postition..and easy solution would be to use the new industrial strength velcro strips or use the liquid nails strips..there small sticky pads that stick under your equpiment but will hold your stuff safly against the wall and are vertually invisible..i used both of these methods in my studio to hold my sound proffing boards up against the wall..i was originally gonna batton them and drill them to the wall because there very heavy but my mate whos a builder suggested he use industrial velcro for smaller boards and liquid nails strips for the big 8 ft sound proffing acoustic tlle boards he created..they look amazing no drill holes everythjing looks like it floating and you can install small leds behind if you want a cool back light effect..only downside is they can be very hard to get down but as long as your not planning on moving in the next year or so the way ive suggested will be a very cheap solution..another idea would be goto your local diy store explain what you want to do take along one of the items you want to hang up and ask them for advice theyll help you out loads and give you ideas and solutions which most of us would never think off ..post pics when you get it done :)

sorry but the above is a bad idea.. if the glue gives up you are going to have expsensive gear falling on the floor.. plus removing the glue would be a ***** if you ever wanted to sell the gear

ok first this is a goofy idea and not a well thought out one imo..

you'll want to mount some plywood or something to the wall so that you have something that the screws holding up the mpc and keys will hold to.. drywall won't work its not meant for that kind of stress..

easist way would be to get a piece of metal that's at a 90 degree angle.. take off the end caps off the mpc cut some holes in the metal that line up with where the screws go and then mount that to the wall.. do the same thing for the keyboards.. you may have to cut some holes in the body of the keysboard to mount em..

i agree with you mate i thought it was a bad idea too but the guy who built my studio said it would be ok ..the liquid nails stuff is amazing once you stick that **** it wont move and the only way it will fall off is you have an earth quake..the acoucstic boards we put up are much heavier than a mpc or a keyboard it took two of us to put each board up and there still stuick on strong but i was exactlly the same as you i thought this is a bad idea theres no way this stuff will keep them up but it has ..

or another way is maybe you could modify one of those metal brackets that hold plasma tvs to the wall and use one of those.

Back