need help getting turntable to work with M-Box 3 Pro

SuspenseBeats

i used to have the mbox 2 and i had no problem using my turntable, and recording into FL-Studio.
Now that i have the MBox 3, i cant hear it very loud at all, all i used to have to do was go in the mixer (in FL Studio) and i forget what i would select, but that option isnt there anymore. Now i can only select "Mbox Multi 1, Mbox Multi 2 , all the way to MBox multi 8.. And none of these work with the turntable
My turntable is ran into a mixer, then to the Mbox 3 into the INSERT 1 slot (1/4 inch jack)
THANK YOU in advance!!

The Mbox 2 had phono inputs, 3 doesn't. You need a phono preamp between the turntable and the interface.

Maybe they decided most people are not gonna need them - there aren't many interfaces around that have phono inputs anyway.

get mixer, buy dirt style records and begin crab scratchin and meltin wax with your fingers..

try to get something older and thus cheaper that has a focus fader in it

Last edited:
yo, just use the RCA inputs on the mbox pro... then open you're mbox pro mixer (software) and then turn up the volume on tracks 5/6.

yo, just use the RCA inputs on the mbox pro... then open you're mbox pro mixer (software) and then turn up the volume on tracks 5/6.

Even though it has RCAs, you're still missing the phono pre. It'll work, but missing the RIAA EQ it's probably gonna sound not unlike excrement.

Yea, i got that pre amp u recommended. Works perfect, Thank You VERY MUCH! u helped me solve an on-going problem.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

That last message was to KRUSHING

Back