Need Digital to audiot converters (maybe more?) Playback issues

Drange

Artist
Hello everyone! My goal is to record rap to instrumentals, that's what my studio is all about, perhaps minor producing.

Anyways, I was setting up some new studio gear I got (notably my new KRK VXT6 monitors) and I have playback issues in reaper where it stops every few beats (1-3) before stopping for a split moment then continuing. OR it doesn't continue and makes a static noise until it plays audio again. I did my research and I suspect that perhaps digital audio converterS would solve my problem.

This problem only occurs on ASIO drivers, I am currently running the directsound driver in reaper and I experience no playback errors.
I also experience no playback errors when selecting (Mbox mini output 3 - which are my monitors) in FL Studio, however, I want to record as well. (FL studio requires you to use an Asio driver on windows in order to record audio.) when I select the Asio driver in FL studio the same clicks that occur in reaper reappear.

So my questions are:
1. would I need one for Digital to analog and analog to digital, or perhaps there are 2 in 1 converters?

2. Could you tell me of some converters and perhaps the wiring necessary with my gear? (When my monitors came today I had to go spend $80 on XLR to TLS 1/4" just to connect them to my Mbox mini.)

3. Feel free to give me any other advice / feedback, all is appreciated. Thank you in advance everyone!

My studio setup consists of:

System: Dell XPS 420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @2.40GHz 2.39GHz
Ram: 3070MB
System: 32-Bit

Avid Mbox Mini (2nd generation, if not the 3rd, [If there is one])
Two KRK VXT6 Monitors
Audio Technica microphone 2050
Se Reflexion Filter
etc. (That's the basic information you need not including mic stand, sound foam etc.)

the converters are part of your interface

Of more note is that you are using Vista which is notoriously clunky when dealing with audio

You might want to do some research on optimisng Vista for audio use, and consider whether you can either afford to get anew machine to deal with internet/games/etc separate to your production or vice-versa

Back