Need advice

R

Rya_n

I've been making beats through software only. No MIDI or anything, so i'm looking to cop some hardware.

I know i want and will be getting an MPC 2000XL but what else would you recomend me getting? any help would be appreciated

If you're just making beats, then the MPC should be plenty. After I got my MPC1000, I stopped using my DAW to make beats. I just sequence VSTs or synths and record to the MPC.
I think that combination is a fairly powerful and diverse setup.

A lot of times, I've found you don't really know what all you want or need until you need it. So I'd say start with the MPC and build up as you go.

thanks for the help guys!

i just got my MPC 2000XL with maxed RAM and a zip drive installed

2 more questions.

i have a set of speakers/subwoofer that connect through jacks smaller than 1/4 and they connect into the headphone slot through my laptop to get sound. If i buy a 1/4 splitter and plug it into my MPCs "headphone" slot will it work?

my second questions comes to the ZIP drive. I have one zip disk with a few samples already on it. What kind of adapter or whatever can i buy to move my WAV files onto the zip disk from my laptop??

<tbody>
</tbody>

i have a set of speakers/subwoofer that connect through jacks smaller than 1/4 and they connect into the headphone slot through my laptop to get sound. If i buy a 1/4 splitter and plug it into my MPCs "headphone" slot will it work?

Connecting an output to another output won't do anything.

Back