need advice or help with composing/recreating soundtrack/chanting music.

Joe Winko

ok, so i have absolutely no experience with composing or making music at all or making sound (the most i have done is changed the pitch of stuff in audacity) But now i need some help and advice on how to compose this music.

I make non-profit horror films for youtube with the sims 2. i heard this soundtrack in an old cartoon and i wanted to use it in my sims 2 horror series, BUT i couldn't find it without the sound effects at all, so now i have to recreate it. it's more of a Gothic/chanting sound effect.

I was wondering, what can i use to recreate it? my goal is to have it sound identical to the real music but if i can't i just want to try to get as close to it as possible.

try to ignore the voices and sound effects in these and just listen to the music:

this first part has a gloomy and slow minor vocal chant to it. I was wondering, how could i recreate that? i can't do the chanting with my own vocals at all, but is there any program that has it pre-recorded or computer generated that i can use? it doesn't have to sound exactly like it, but the closer it sounds to it the better!
ALSO not sure if u guys can see the time stamps at all but at 1:01 - 1:11 I REALLY want to see if i can duplicate/recreate that exact music bit.. the slow and dramatic gloomy part (it sounds like a trumpet almost but i could be wrong). does any music software have a computer generated tune i could match that with? i dont know musical notes but i could play it by ear.

there's also this, the really highpitched chanting/vocals. I wanted to recreate that and try to get it as close as possible. you can also hear a piano being played too with it, and also the repeating trumpet beat in the background (the last soundbit had that too) what software can i use to match that?

and at this, the sound/music at and after 0:51 (besides the chanting you hear after) i cant figure out what instrument that is but i wanted to see if i could match that too.

and there's this, a slow and somewhat deeper chanting tune. I wanted to learn how i can match that, but i don't know how to make it slow or make it coordinate at the right times with the melody or the rhythm (not sure if that made sense but i hope you all understand what i mean)

Long story short, my main question is,
i have no experience with music composing but are there any easy to use programs or software or even apps for ipod touch where i can learn and make music that matches those soundcloud bits above? i know i most likely won't be able to match them exactly, but i want to try to get as close as possible.

Please let me know and please help <3

and one more thing, i know a few people might be upset with me asking about this, but remember, im not making any money off of this at all and it's all nonprofit. i just wanted to use music like it because it fit the story of my video very well.
please help me figure out how to recreate it though :) <3

Last edited:
Back