Need a mixer

ggoerl

I have a mpc2000xl and a 1200mkII. I want to do hip hop so I would like to be able to scratch a bit (learn) but have a good mixer with a good eq/filter before I goto my mpc cause I really want to start sampling. I was reading that it was good to have a curve adjust on your mixer is this true? Does it matter for cutting and hip hop or is the curve adjustment just needed for smooth cuts for club mixing? A lot of people have been recommending the Vestax PMC 05 PROIII but I see no curve adjust, and am not sure about the eq as it being a 2 band on that. I'm looking for a 3 band. So if anyone could give me some info/feedback on that it would be appreciated. I was also looking at some of the pioneer djm models but those seem mostly for club mixing though, haven't seen anyone scratch with those. Preferably the 600 or 350 since those have the curve adjustment as well as a few effects. I had originally looked at the 500 people said they loved it but what turned me off was the curve adjustment. My budget is about $450 maybe $500.

Last edited:
vestax o5 pro is a SOLID mixer, I had one for years. the curve is on the top right below the master volume. as far as the "curve control" you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE ONE for scratching...some of the scratches aren't even possible with a fader without one. pioneer mixers are mainly for mixing, I always ran into them when I was doing a club. the controls are mainly for effects and eq'ing, not really made for scratching.

VESTAX CONTROLLED THE SCRATCH MIXER SCENE up until a couple years ago, it is a high quality mixer but with serato out rane is starting to take over.

Back