NBC Blogger Calls Chief Keef "A Minstrel Show"...But Does He Have A Point?

fuk that minstrel show sh!t

chief keef just bein a kid

leave him alone

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

well, ....its not neccesarily positive but the thing is u got 30 year olds on here who are bitter cuz they didnt make it and theyre mad at the industry so they criticize it. I think some of you need to take your opinions and shove em up your a-hole. Hip-Hop is what it is. You guys cant regulate what goes on in the industry. Take it for what it is. Dont tell me you didnt wanna be like cheif keef at his age.

I'm not one of those old heads(hell I'm only 22) but for real Chief Keef be out there with the wildness. At times you just want to tell him to slow down and relax, because watching his career right now is kinda like watching a train head toward a bridge but the bridge is out. Real Talk I think that's the mindset of a lot of people in regards to Chief

Dude is a kid from chicago living how he was raised. If anything quit pointing out Keef's flaws as a kid and the only thing he has in common with the sandy hook shooter is both had a lack of parental guidance in key areas.

Where was this guy when Shyne, Snoop, Chi Ali, Pac, Slick Rick, and Steady B were actually shooting shyt up and not just rapping about it.

Dude is a kid from chicago living how he was raised. If anything quit pointing out Keef's flaws as a kid and the only thing he has in common with the sandy hook shooter is both had a lack of parental guidance in key areas.

Where was this guy when Shyne, Snoop, Chi Ali, Pac, Slick Rick, and Steady B were actually shooting shyt up and not just rapping about it.

i have no clue. Keef is attacked because hes the cool kid to attack now. Just like Soulja Boy was cool to attack, just like Jeezy was cool to attack. People just dont get it. Kid rapping his life lol, life as he sees it.

like Monk said, these same dudes that criticize chief keef are the same ones that view "Snow On Tha Bluff" as a great documentary. Shits corny

The internet has granted people the security to say pretty much anything they want. You see it on FP all the time.

This ^^^^ and the fact that black people really don't care so say it all you want.

The one's that don't care out number the one's that do 10,000:1

Rosa Parks sat at the front of the bus and it was a big deal, now black people automatically fight to be the first person to the last seat on the bus. That's how it goes.

... the next time you're on a bus... any bus... look at the last seat and see who's sitting there. Probably 3 to a seat on each side in the last seat.

It's doesn't have a lot to do with buses... just a change in mentality (and pride).

Last edited:
This ^^^^ and the fact that black people really don't care so say it all you want.

The one's that don't care out number the one's that do 10,000:1

Rosa Parks sat at the front of the bus and it was a big deal, now black people automatically fight to be the first person to the last seat on the bus. That's how it goes.

... the next time you're on a bus... any bus... look at the last seat and see who's sitting there. Probably 3 to a seat on each side in the last seat.

It's doesn't have a lot to do with buses... just a change in mentality (and pride).

Damn you killed with the bus thing! I look at even my kids as they are growing up and kids get away with sh!t that wouldn't fly with us back in the day. I'm like yall just gonna sit here and let this lil MF say this sh!t?

True story:
I use to go every summer to visit my father who lived in LA. Came back one year and all the homies was hangin with a white kid they named Kool Aid only MF with a car we knew. I'm sittin there and all of a sudden he says "Nigga" not with the ER on it ( which would have been an automatic beat down). I look at the homies and was like Hell naw...what the fvck? I know yall ain't allowin this sh!t! Then I told Kool aid, you cool but if you say that again I'm gonna fvck you up! Period! Needless to say he NEVER said that again in front of me and we stayed cool.

So you are right it is a change in mentality and they don't have that same sense of pride. The conscious era was one hell of a time to grow up. It got a lot of black folks to seek out knowledge of self which translated into pride in ones self. Lord knows all we were taught about blacks in America in school coming up is we were slaves and the once a year topic of the civil rights movement and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited:
Damn you killed with the bus thing! I look at even my kids as they are growing up and kids get away with sh!t that wouldn't fly with us back in the day. I'm like yall just gonna sit here and let this lil MF say this sh!t?

True story:
I use to go every summer to visit my father who lived in LA. Came back one year and all the homies was hangin with a white kid they named Kool Aid only MF with a car we knew. I'm sittin there and all of a sudden he says "Nigga" not with the ER on it ( which would have been an automatic beat down). I look at the homies and was like Hell naw...what the fvck? I know yall ain't allowin this sh!t! Then I told Kool aid, you cool but if you say that again I'm gonna fvck you up! Period! Needless to say he NEVER said that again in front of me and we stayed cool.

So you are right it is a change in mentality and they don't have that same sense of pride. The conscious era was one hell of a time to grow up. It got a lot of black folks to seek out knowledge of self which translated into pride in ones self. Lord knows all we were taught about blacks in America in school coming up is we were slaves and the once a year topic of the civil rights movement and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I feel you on checking dude. People don't even know when they're being disrespected. They don't even care, lol

It's like having a friend come over to your house to eat and your Mom gives him his plate and when he's done he tells your Mom "BYTCH! get me some more chicken..." and everybody goes back to talking about whatever they were talking about...

"Oh, he ain' mean it like that, he put a Y in it... Bytch... it's cool"

Some things just need to be checked ...

Last edited:
Although im not really fond of a lot of chief keefs lyrics & messages in his songs.. you cant call him a minstrel show (thats going pretty low) and to connect him to anyway to sandy hook is preposterous! As stated above This kid is 17 and hes rapping about the life he has lived and where he has been raised. Rap music is always the scapegoat for violence. You cant call him out about what hes talking about because thats the lifestyle hes been raised in and thats the lifestyle he knows. Hes not gunna rap about how amazing his life is because thats not what has happened and that would be just as fake as calling yourself "hard"

instead of degrading him and his album and calling him a minstrel show why doesn't this reporter/writer help write about the horrible violence thats going on in the streets and bring attention to it.

Just my two cents.

Back