My music is boring, please help [EDM]

Jason Ace

Hey, my name is Jason and i started producing like 8 months ago. Since then i made over 100 projects and only finished a few. My problem is that my music sounds so boring to me. I know it isnt the genre thats boring because i love Avicii and Martin Garrix or some other progressive house producers. I dont know why but all my tracks sound so boring, maybe its the melody but i think its also something i do wrong in the mixing?

I would love to get some feedback on what i do wrong.

PS: I made this music file fast to show you guys what i mean. So it isnt finished or something. Its also an mp3 and not wav so thats why it sounds not sharp.

Attachments

• test2.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
Oops i placed this thread in the wrong place. Sorry. I put this thread now in the "showcase-your-music-give-and-receive-feedback" forum

Sounds pretty good to me- not boring

The mixing is by far the worst part of this.

What are you monitoring/mixing on? Do you have monitor speakers/a decent pair of headphones?

Hey thank you very much for replying!!! I am producing with Audio Technica AX1IS.

I know it isnt the best, and i cant buy speakers because other people in my house would get crazy.

Do you have a tip what i could change, like is the main lead to soft or do i use too many or too less effects.

Any help is welcome!

ps: I really like your music! Very cool!

Last edited:
A pair of decent headphones and maybe klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers would prolly be ideal.

A speaker fella myself but got headphones also, imo it's a good idea to have multiple mediums to listen on.
Headphones, speakers/studio monitors and [for a very good reason] EARPODS BRUHHHHHH

Hey thank you very much for replying!!! I am producing with Audio Technica AX1IS.

I know it isnt the best, and i cant buy speakers because other people in my house would get crazy.

Do you have a tip what i could change, like is the main lead to soft or do i use too many or too less effects.

Any help is welcome!

ps: I really like your music! Very cool!
Mostly the snare in the build is too loud, the kick too quiet, the plucky lead is much too quiet, and the drop synth is distorted in places.
How you fix those issues is half the problem, but there's too much to talk about here. Have a look for 'mixing tutorials'

the progressions are pretty good, i wouldn't say its boring but if you want to expand/ make something more interesting try listening actively to music you don't usually listen to, even if its not appealing at first

Back