My First Single Back From The Day

◮CYAN◭

◮CYAN◭
This was 1 of the first pieces I made last year before I really knew anything about engineering.

Enjoy! it's Called 'Every Friday'

What is your opinion of it? Should I do a remake and finish the track?

I always return the feedback, thanks for listenin

The ideas and arrangement are there but the sound selection is not up to par. Unless you plan on re-designing most of the instruments I'd ditch it and make some new tunes instead! Why live in the past, you know?

Yes Big Bruno a lot of the sounds aren't very new or full sounding, because I really didnt understand much about layering, eq, comp, etc.

My creation process is a very common 1, 'rough copy, edited copy, final copy'
in that process it goes "rough instruments, edited, final"

So all of my early stuff(done on fl studio), was pretty 'video game-like' lol...'cuz I never got passed the rough stage back then.
Now I follow thru a lot more, and have great plugins, happy with my improvements this past while.

@FunkJunkie
I Just feel like this track was lost in my lack of ability at the time...and I really like elements of this.
I'm thinking I should do a real 'bassy' version of it...because that's my next area to study...

Nice full, swaying, flowing...basslines.

I always find myself coming back to this piece and thinking, "I can't wait till I can redo it".

So thanks for mentioning the few catchy elements of it, cuz i feel the same way...I hate to look back at things...but there is a good concept there, I can look forward to doing a fresh redo of... now that I'm a lot better.

this is a cool piece I made a few days ago.... it's a subtle electronic piece, I applied myself a little and am quite happy with these results!

Thanks for the input guys ill look for your feeds

Last edited:
Back