My first home studio

Okay Ive been running this setup for about 2 or 3 weeks. The pic is not very good, but the matress is in the corner, covering the 2 walls. Someone told me the best thing would be to do is hang blankets. Being super ghetto, I found 10 egg crates on a trash bin the other week too.. so just kind of put them on the wall. What yall think.. its a rough setup I know. The only recording I do is for vocals. Any opinions or laughing fits reccomended, thanks.

IMG_20140223_091201.jpg

It kinda looks like you just slapped the egg cartons on there without any measurements haha.

But hey, you got a midi and a mic. Everybody's gotta start somewhere.

:victory:Greatness, always has it's starting point, humble origins, evolve immeasurable achievements, you stop reaching - the day you die!

egg cartons should work as diffusers, youre probably gunna need to cover the whole wall to make any difference though.
but yeah its a start

My Dudeeee I NEED this setup!! Where did u get all the equipment? It must have been expensive. Can u do a video tour?

Make walls out of mattresses. Set it up so 3 of them stand by themselves. Throw a blanket over the top to make a roof. Have one more mattress that you can easily place behind you after you hit record so you're boxed in the mattresses. I used to do that all the time and it works perfectly.

Okay Ive been running this setup for about 2 or 3 weeks. The pic is not very good, but the matress is in the corner, covering the 2 walls. Someone told me the best thing would be to do is hang blankets. Being super ghetto, I found 10 egg crates on a trash bin the other week too.. so just kind of put them on the wall. What yall think.. its a rough setup I know. The only recording I do is for vocals. Any opinions or laughing fits reccomended, thanks.

View attachment 41618 Perhaps you could consider furthering your rooms acoustic treatment by adding heavier Curtains to your room. You should also think about the loudness of your environment. Ensure you are working in a fairly quiet room where there will be no sound leakage in your recordings.

Back