My first ever track (Feedback and guidance needed)

i think this is good for your first try, you have a solid idea and its not a bad one. the hard part is to get it out the way you imagine it.
id look up some basic mixing tutorials or something cause your mix is kind of a mess. but the song has got some potential so keep trying!

you could try a reference track to see if you can match your mix to one you KNOW is clean. or even try the pink noise method

Hey man,

This is really good for your first track, you obviously have a good feel for big room, and big room methods.

Basically the way I see this is you've made a messy sculpture with liberal and imprecise use of material. However, many of the elements for a compelling track are buried there. You need to find a way to accurately calve them out. I would suggest practicing EQ'ing, in particular getting rid of rough sounding frequencies from your sounds. I would also suggest listening to a bunch of House tracks too see how they balance the volume of the different sounds. You should also look into working accurately with reverb and compression.

Mastering these tools will take this track to the next level - but dont be disheartened, youre well on your way!

Cool, for a first attempt, that's not bad at all!

The mix is pretty bad though, but your first ones will be, that's normal.
I second the comments about checking out some mixing techniques, I'd start by looking at how to get fat drums. There's lots of good information on that online, and it'll introduce to all the concepts.
Drum sounds are relatively simple, elemental sounds, so it's a great way to get a feel of what eq'ing and compression does before you start applying it to more complex sounds or your entire track.

Also, listen listen listen..
Listen to any and all kinds of music you can get your hands on, not just the type you're making. Just get a feel what's out there and what's possible.
Oh, and club.. a lot! Get a feel for what gets people going, what makes them dance, what works, what doesn't.. not sure if clubbing is easy though in Pakistan, must be pretty puritanical over there.

Hello!

Thank you everyone for the response. yeah ik about the mixing part I am still trying to improve it. But still I gave my best into this current track. Thank you guys for the good response. It actually gave me good vibes to spend more time producing and getting better at it.

not sure if clubbing is easy though in Pakistan, must be pretty puritanical over there.
Honestly, sometimes it sucks being in this country due to the music trend here. People barely know about edm. They are just calling every edm track as trance. They don't even know the sub-genres or difference between trance and other genres. Clubs are not legal. If you are really some rich and high class person, you can easily get into clubs or arrange your own dance parties. About producing music, No we edm producers have no value in our country.

Last edited:
Back