My first EDM song

Zer

Hello!
I just start with FL studio.
This is my first EDM song. I'm conscious that there are a lot of problem, also with the mixing (I have a problem with the drop)
Could you please tell me what you think about it?
Here's the link:

Last edited:
I like the concept! For advice on your drop, maybe the 123 vocal chop is a little too loud? The overall loudness of the mix seems to drop off after you transition into the main idea, giving a feeling of less energy. Sometimes this is the intention but I get the feeling that in this song it wasnt? Also, I would recommend dequantizing some of your sounds a little. To me, everything sounds very "on the grid"; try to introduce some swing/ humanization into your notes and chords for a less robotic feel. You could try adding some very simple and subtle automation, either through lfo's or by hand on filters, pitches, and other fx to create a little more movement in some of the sounds as I found they were a little static. Mix wise, maybe the drums could be a little louder and the midrange "synth" sound you have after the drop could be lowered in volume? Overall, great start, keep producing, the idea is definitely there.

Reactions: Zer
i think the composition could use some work cuz i feel your drop doesnt have that much energy yes you should try doing some automation, working in different octaves and so on overall not bad at all for your first edm track im sure the next track you will show much greater improvment

Reactions: Zer
Thank you very much for your answers! I think that's the best way to make progress so thank you.
Yes I am disapointed by the drop that is not loud enough but I have not enough knowledge to find the problem. I think it is because of the sidechain. I sidechained the bass on the kick and the 2 synths on the bass.
I put a soundgoodizer on the kick, bass and synths, it makes it louder but it is still not enough, maybe you have an idea? =)

Thank you very much for your answers! I think that's the best way to make progress so thank you.
Yes I am disapointed by the drop that is not loud enough but I have not enough knowledge to find the problem. I think it is because of the sidechain. I sidechained the bass on the kick and the 2 synths on the bass.
I put a soundgoodizer on the kick, bass and synths, it makes it louder but it is still not enough, maybe you have an idea? =)
One thing I am slowly realizing is that you really need to pick and choose what you want to stand out in your mix and where each of those sounds will sit.

For example, have a few elements that you want to stand out fairly loud, the rest you can drop in level quite a bit, probably more than you would expect. This way, it gives more separation between the “background” and “foreground”.

Plugins can help enrich sounds but if your levels are off then its a lot harder to get things to “pop”.

Hope this helps, cheers and keep at it!

try adjusting the levels soundgoodizer isnt always the answer but try some stereo seperation on the sounds you want to play in the background but always keep your low end mono

Hey!
Thank you everyone. I uploaded the new song with all your advices. I added more automations and tried to mix it better so that the drop is louder.

For your first edm song, very good! Probably the most important thing I heard, it is different and it is memorable.
I have never heard something like your drop before, where the first kick is relatively "clean" with the synth building quickly thereafter. GOOD JOB! I like that! My opinion, keep making your own style of music and improve your production skills continually. Overall, good job.

Hey!
Thank you everyone. I uploaded the new song with all your advices. I added more automations and tried to mix it better so that the drop is louder.

thats a really big improvment imo keep it up move on to your next project as soon as possible no time to waste

Back