My First Beat ever made, improved!

S

SizzlinKola

So I made some changes to my first beat that I ever made. Check it out and let me know what you think! I'm still trying to find out more ways to layer it up and make it interesting while blending everything well together so please let me know if you have any suggestions!

https://soundcloud.com/sizzlinkola/preface

Layering is all about how many different synths, samplers or drum patterns you can get to build on each other... So say you wanted to make an orchestral type beat alot like yours, you can piece out the orchestra by instrument and than stack octaves on each instrument. you could also play octave chords on the piano when the beat drops.... just a thought.

I commented on your previous version also and I kinda remember that version.

Starting off: Good thing you found out how to route your output audio to make a decent recording :P

I like what you did with the beat. You added some piano elements if I'm not mistaking.
A "stop" to break the repetition of your beat, which could use a more complex (not necessarily more complex, but better) drumroll.
I can't help but miss one element in this version that you had in your previous version, it sounded like an upcoming bass which gradually increased in volume, which set a cool vibe imo.

Also, be carefull with the dB levels of the elements in your track. The kick you have seems to be clipping (which means it's too loud, thus it's cutting off the sound causing a crackling sound).

Keep it coming, you got a decent base for a good track. I'm curious to see your next versions ;)

not bad for a first beat! add another melody with keys in a higher octave, and use the strings in the second half of the first part of the beat too maybe.. Layer the same piano sound twice and pan one slightly left and one slightly right then add another layer with some reverb and delay thicken up your sounds.. layering is something that has helped me dramatically.. my DAW crashes from all the damn layering sometimes lol.. sidechain your bass against you kicks too..

good work

peace

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...let-me-know-what-you-think-cheers-f4f-463617/

return feed if you get a chance mate, cheers

Back