Music: why do you do it?

tjustice

What made you guys start making the type of music that you make today? & do you think you would be more or less succesful making a different type of music

Last edited by a moderator:
I was initially influenced by Portishead, the RZA's work on OB4CL, Alpha, Craig Atmstrong. Eventually, I got into Isaac Hayes, Roy Ayers and Curtis Mayfield and made my way into jazz through Wes Montgomery, Grant Green and others. Right now, I am studying jazz with the goal of learning performance and arranging techniques.

Not sure why. Partially for fun of course!
Maybe because i love music (not simply "yeh ima friggin connoisseur i can tell you all top radio hits"), i mean for example certain parts of some songs causes goosebumps and shit like that) and because i want to express myself through music.
(dem feels)

ff

I honestly can't remember what got me into it. Might've been a genetic thing, my dad used to be a musician, and theres a musician on my mother's side of the family too.
I started out with RnB and moved onto the various EDM genres. I don't think I'd be more successful anywhere else than where I am now. :3

Because I love it and it is fun. I started because of group from my country which inspired me. (I started listening rap because of that too).

Because it gets you *******.

On a serious note: Because why not? I love to listen to music and wanna make my own. Simple dimple(?).

Back