Music Wave: New Challenging Rhythm Game for PC. EDM Artists Needed!

sjb720

About Me
Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old developer from New Jersey. I first got into computer science when I was 12 through making mods for Minecraft. Since then I've come a long way by taking courses and independent studies on the subject. For about 3 years I've been developing games in Unity and it wasn't until recently I began making complete projects. I love to dig deep into games and some of my favorite titles are Skyrim, Ocarina of Time, Borderlands 2, Guitar Hero 3, Spore, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. For a while, I began producing music with my friend MindlessFate. I love finding small EDM artists and occasionally creating my own songs. Now that you know a little bit about me, I thought I'd share my most recent project with you guys.

Music Wave
Music Wave is a challenging Rhythm Game that uses the home row of the keyboard. Every song in the game is EDM, most of which are made by small artists (Don't worry, the songs are good!). The game's inspiration derives from my love for Guitar Hero's metagame, music, and piano. Game play in Music Wave is closely related to playing the piano; it requires agility and technique on where each hand is place. That being said, you can't expect to have your hands resting in the same positions! Some riffs are easier to play if your hands are oddly placed. The rules are simple: hit the notes to obtain streak and multipliers. Gain higher multipliers to get more score. Avoid missing notes to avoid losing. You can unlock harder songs by doing better on songs already unlocked! Then scoring system is similar to Guitar Hero, but scaled up. For example: 3 stars in Guitar Hero equals 1 orb in Music Wave. 7 stars in Guitar Hero equals 5 orbs in Music Wave. This choice widens the skill gap, clearly distinguishing which players are better based on how many orbs they have. If you like what you've read, there's plenty of videos and extra information on the Steam Greenlight page.

Music Artists Needed
My game uses copyright free EDM and could be a great opportunity to promote your music in a fun manner. If you're interested in having your music in the game, feel free to reach out to me on this forum!

What You Can Do
If you really like the project and want to play it in the future, it will have to be greenlit first. In order to do that, the Steam Greenlight page will need more yes votes. You can vote yes here. Tell your friends to vote and help unite the underground EDM community. Every vote counts and the post will only need about 300 more!

Thanks for your time everyone. Whether you're an artist or just a person looking to play their favorite EDM songs in a rhythm game, let me hear your feedback!

Back