Music Is Not All About Talent These Days

That is your problem. I sampled my central air unit and got my beat placed on "How It's Made". Step your game up.

Can you provide actual proof about this ? Man you so negative and your really not helping people im sick watching you try to crush everyone dream on this site talking like you know what you talking about . But lets talk . You got 49 follower on your soundcloud and a very few views and i bet they all from fp . Im just tryna help you there with your attitude your not helping you brand .

Here for exemple a message you send me back in 2013

Stop posting beats on YouTube. You aren't going to generate enough views to be relevant

Thank god i never listen to you . I have around 200k views on youtube and making beat sell every week and collaborate with multiple folks all around the world all with youtube alone . Im telling you FP folks dont listen to this dude or at least not everything he say he is just mad cause he is not succesful himself and picking up on other users in a very arrogant way .

Im sorry if it hurt your feeling but someone had to tell you .

Last edited:
Can you provide actual proof about this ? Man you so negative and your really not helping people im sick watching you try to crush everyone dream on this site talking like you know what you talking about . But lets talk . You got 49 follower on your soundcloud and a very few views and i bet they all from fp . Im just tryna help you there with your attitude your not helping you brand .

Here for exemple a message you send me back in 2013

Stop posting beats on YouTube. You aren't going to generate enough views to be relevant

Thank god i never listen to you . I have around 200k views on youtube and making beat sell every week and collaborate with multiple folks all around the world all with youtube alone . Im telling you FP folks dont listen to this dude or at least not everything he say he is just mad cause he is not succesful himself and picking up on other users in a very arrogant way .

Im sorry if it hurt your feeling but someone had to tell you .
Sounds like you're the one with hurt feelings. If anything Desire had to say didn't bother you, you wouldn't be telling people not to listen to him and digging up old messages. I mean, you have sales, views, and clientele, why are you holding on to something someone said nearly two years ago?

Sounds like you're the one with hurt feelings. If anything Desire had to say didn't bother you, you wouldn't be telling people not to listen to him and digging up old messages. I mean, you have sales, views, and clientele, why are you holding on to something someone said nearly two years ago?

This was just an exemple he did to me , never told me anything after that but still see him being negative over other poeple and tellin me myself if i was the one getting told this i wouldnt listen to him . Just my opinion i think he is not helping fellow beat maker on this site and i value irelevent what he said most of the time that it . Thats my opinion . Maybe after he see this he will act more nicely with other folks on this site and that they dont listen to him when he told some people . Hey you not gonna make it or bla bla .

This was just an exemple he did to me , never told me anything after that but still see him being negative over other poeple and tellin me myself if i was the one getting told this i wouldnt listen to him . Just my opinion i think he is not helping fellow beat maker on this site and i value irelevent what he said most of the time that it . Thats my opinion . Maybe after he see this he will act more nicely with other folks on this site and that they dont listen to him when he told some people . Hey you not gonna make it or bla bla .

Yeah, he got to you. Hurt feelings and all, you can't even enjoy your success. Let it go, man. Let it go.

Yeah, he got to you. Hurt feelings and all, you can't even enjoy your success. Let it go, man. Let it go.

Lol why you defending him in the first place , just want to let him know what i think about him being negative over other poeple . Enjoy my success you funny man . Is it desire inspire alias or something seem like it hurt you feeling to haha .

Lol why you defending him in the first place , just want to let him know what i think about him being negative over other poeple . Enjoy my success you funny man . Is it desire inspire alias or something seem like it hurt you feeling to haha .

Will it make you feel better if I said yes?

SMH.

People have told me my beats suck and to quit since I first got on this site. Can't tell you who said it, because I can't remember a single thing a member on this site has ever said to me negative a month later. Every time I've tried, I end up saying the wrong member said it and feel dumb when the guy's like "what are you talking about, I didn't say that"?

It's okay to step away from the keyboard and breathe, bro. Everytime any news story is posted on any site these days, I have to read through a buncha racist crap that I find more offensive(mainly because of the level of ignorance and hidden identities) than anything I've ever read on this site.

You know all about this guy, so use that to develop an idea of why whatever was said to you was. Apparently his negativity "inspired" your "desires", cause you did okay for yourself to prove him wrong. :cheers:

Last edited:
SMH.

People have told me my beats suck and to quit since I first got on this site. Can't tell you who said it, because I can't remember a single thing a member on this site has ever said to me negative a month later. Every time I've tried, I end up saying the wrong member said it and feel dumb when the guy's like "what are you talking about, I didn't say that"?

It's okay to step away from the keyboard and breathe, bro. Everytime any news story is posted on any site these days, I have to read through a buncha racist crap that I find more offensive(mainly because of the level of ignorance and hidden identities) than anything I've ever read on this site.

You know all about this guy, so use that to develop an idea of why whatever was said to you was. Apparently his negativity "inspired" your "desires", cause you did okay for yourself to prove him wrong. :cheers:

You made a good point here , it didnt bother me at all when he said that to be honnest but lately i made a search on google searching for an app that would find out if someone use one of your beats and i end up on a thread i made in 2013 saying someone stole my beat what i should do and saw his comment , just that if i had follow his advice alot of good thing wouldnt have happen for me and feel sometime he is misleading some poeple giving his opinion and he should watch what he say to other cause that can cause other people to take wrong decision thinking , maybe he is right . That goes for pretty much everyone that they should think before they say something on internet it can have a very negative impact over other people and maybe it wasnt your intention in the beginning you know .. But its all good at the end of the day

Last edited:
It seems so many new artist are popping up and gaining major success but do they really have skills? Many years ago when rappers and singers would step up they at least had to have talent to get a deal but today I think many other factors play a major role in their success. I am a female singer, writer, rapper and producer. I am aware that every hot song has to have a tight hook. I have been told I am excellent at creating hooks and hooks are what carries a good song. When you hear a song what really stands out? Is it the performance or do you instantly remember and find yourself reciting the hook? I would say the hook says it all. I don't know what the future holds for music. Todays music is all about trends but I choose to stay true to the essence of my originality. Peace.

I'd argue that musical success (or any kind of success) has never been about talent. Ask Van Gogh, or Tesla.
I'd also argue that the commercial music industry today is only a shade of it's former self and panicking because the old hitmaking formulas are increasingly wearing thin. There's a real move towards more independent music, enjoyed as a living artform rather than a boxed up product for mass consumption (pop). A statement like 'you need a hook to carry a song' reminds me of how not so long ago people scoffed at the idea of creating long-running, complex and mature drama series for television broadcast. 'Keep it simple, stupid' they said. Screw them and their lack of imagination.

And what is 'making it'?
Becoming another fly by night pop sensation, doing a lot of dope and suffering a slow, agonizing and very public meltdown? If it's about making an impact, there's other, better ways of doing it. A local jazz band has more impact on me musically than the new Lady Gaga because they actually play at places I'm at. I can have a beer with them, or contribute 20 bucks towards them recording their next album. We can collaborate without the need for lawyers to hammer out an NDA first.

And what is a 'deal'. Maybe get that lawyer and look at the fineprint. Most major artists get ****ed, sorry to say... not necessarily out of some evil intention on the industry's part. Just because that's the only way it's profitable (it's an exploitation model) for them and, just like everybody else, they have no ****ing clue about where the trends are going. They're grasping at straws.. hopelessly trying to frontrun the next trend and if that doesn't work co-opting it ("shit, this guy has 3 million views on youtube.. let's offer him a deal, quick!") and trying to herd their stable of artists into doing the same. And unless you truly become Kanye or Skrillex, your margins are always going to be shit, the contracts suffocating and the stress and uncertainty constant. And if you do become that Kanye 2.0, everybody is just going to turn around and try to shoot you down.

My advice is to stop creating hooks. Stop creating dross you think other people want to hear and get more arrogant about it. YOU are the artist, YOU will show people what they like. That's your job. Make art, blow people away.. that's the only thing successful artists (or business people, inventors, writers, you name it) share, apart from luck. Arrogance and a bit of egomania.

Well if you are not a sheep, are you a shepherd? A wolf?
Become the farmer: you own the sheep, pay the shepherd and shoot the wolf.

LMAO! I was probably stoned when I made that post back in the day. You got some YouTube views and think you are a boss? Man, I'm about to cop this Alize and this Reuben sandwich with these salt and vinegar chips. Enjoy your success. I am too sober and hungry to care about these things.

LMAO! I was probably stoned when I made that post back in the day. You got some YouTube views and think you are a boss? Man, I'm about to cop this Alize and this Reuben sandwich with these salt and vinegar chips. Enjoy your success. I am too sober and hungry to care about these things.

Never said i was a boss cause i had youtube views , just said i made beats sale of it and that i collaborate with some artist . On the other hand your the one always acting like a boss saying you got placement on tv here and here . Even in this thread you said you sample your air central unit and got a placement on how its made and i really doubt that . Give me proof to prove me wrong . You said you was high when you made this post back then ? Well you always high then cause i see you make those kind of post very often . Even in this thread in the first page you saying cats wont be succesful cause they are different wich is wrong once again . You weak man take this L and go home bruh .

Last edited:
Never said i was a boss cause i had youtube views , just said i made beats sale of it and that i collaborate with some artist . On the other hand your the one always acting like a boss saying you got placement on tv here and here . Even in this thread you said you sample your air central unit and got a placement on how its made and i really doubt that . Give me proof to prove me wrong . You said you was high when you made this post back then ? Well you always high then cause i see you make those kind of post very often . Even in this thread in the first page you saying cats wont be succesful cause they are different wich is wrong once again . You weak man take this L and go home bruh .

You are really upset? Wow.

Geez Desire even trolls via PM?
Thats a bit much.

I admit, it is funny when people dont realize he is a professional troll.
But, its also occasionally frustrating when the confusion he creates sidetracks actual reasonable discussions.

God, that is weak sauce in so many ways...

brutally-honest-dog-meme.jpg

I admit, it is funny when people dont realize he is a professional troll.
But, its also occasionally frustrating when the confusion he creates sidetracks actual reasonable discussions.

Tell us something about the topic at hand. Do you have any new insights?

Do you have any new insights?
Not really.
Good points have been made.
I think its obvious that yes, popular music is not as talent focused, not as music focused, as it used to be.

Like a lot of threads on FP, it quickly boils down to the core reasons people approach music;
Nowadays many are approaching it just as a business. Rather than being about craft first, its about revenue only. Rather than a creative thing, its a calculated thing. This is a recent development, so people have various reactions to it.
For some people its a great "opportunity"; its a good thing. For other people, its like the worst thing ever.

Last edited:
Not really.
Good points have been made.
I think its obvious that yes, popular music is not as talent focused, not as music focused, as it used to be.

Like a lot of threads on FP, it quickly boils down to the core reasons people approach music;
Nowadays many are approaching it just as a business. Rather than being about craft first, its about revenue only. Rather than a creative thing, its a calculated thing. This is a recent development, so people have various reactions to it.
For some people its a great "opportunity"; its a good thing. For other people, its like the worst thing ever.

I agree with you. Those that are a bit detached from the music can do alright. Those that focus on quality and art and integrity tend to suffer. Talent itself is definitely not enough. But the way that the industry works, talent is being packaged and sold to the consumer. The sad reality is that talent is turning into a commodity.

Just look at the talent shows on TV. Anybody is the top 30 has a great amount of talent. But it comes down to what executives thinks will resonate with the masses. And the companies that sponsor these shows don't really care who wins. They will support whoever wins.

The same is true with sports as well. They don't care who the best athletes are. Many of the best athletes never win a championship. But the team that wins gets all of the glory and respect and praise from the sponsors.

The "winners" get rewarded no matter how they win. The "losers" get ignored. That is life.

Last edited:
Back