MPC5000 or NI Maschine???

Well this is a tough one.
Machine looks to be great,and have improved on the slow work flow computer based production is known for.
But the fact remains you need a computer and a good one to run machine as best.

The Mpc5000 is a stand alone powerhouse.
I do 99.9% of my beats all on my MPC5000.
Having owned every MPC to date,I can tell you without a doubt that once you learn the Mpc5k its workflow is much faster then and Mpc to date.
It also packs more sample editing features,HD recording,and more quantize (time correction) options then any Mpc ever made as well.
I have said it time and again ,if someone sh*ts on the Mpc5k its only due to them not knowing how to work it.
Bottom line.

Ive done my research n still cant figure out which one to get. Can some1 help me?

no one can help if u are unable to decide best to leave both alone cos u have not identified ur need fully

or u could trial both of them and decide which u like b4 u buy

Depends on what you already have in your setup and what you need. MPC 5000 and Maschine are not mutually exclusive...they dont really do exactly the same things. The MPC is a much more powerful sequencer than Maschine, and if you dont already sequence in a DAW the MPC could be more advantageous to own than Maschine. If you already use a DAW for sequencing, Maschine is great for providing a very convenient workflow for creating pattern based grooves that you can easily integrate into your DAW. Maschine is like a groovebox/workstation that integrates with your DAW where as MPC is a standalone sequencer/sampler that you could use to sequence tracks independent of a DAW with ease. Just remember with an MPC everything you do needs to managed intelligently, such as saving your work, tracking out your work and managing the project folders. Usually this is one of the main reasons that people choose Maschine over the MPC since all of the work is managed in one central location.

Depends on what you already have in your setup and what you need. MPC 5000 and Maschine are not mutually exclusive...they dont really do exactly the same things. The MPC is a much more powerful sequencer than Maschine, and if you dont already sequence in a DAW the MPC could be more advantageous to own than Maschine. If you already use a DAW for sequencing, Maschine is great for providing a very convenient workflow for creating pattern based grooves that you can easily integrate into your DAW. Maschine is like a groovebox/workstation that integrates with your DAW where as MPC is a standalone sequencer/sampler that you could use to sequence tracks independent of a DAW with ease. Just remember with an MPC everything you do needs to managed intelligently, such as saving your work, tracking out your work and managing the project folders. Usually this is one of the main reasons that people choose Maschine over the MPC since all of the work is managed in one central location.

bingo. and just to add on, an MPC 5000 also comes with a VA synthesizer built in. The only caveat really is the size. an MPC 5000 is a bit larger than Maschine. maschine is about the size of an MPC 500. you can easily put maschine in a laptop bag or backpack.

I say Both, sorry im late but i have Maschine and honestly ill still get the 5000 for the simple fact i like using different stations from time to time. i have Maschine installed on both my laptop and desktop and i love the workflow, but sometimes i dont feel like "Maschine" a certain day. when i have my mv-8800 I would go from Maschine on a summer day in the park on the laptop (portability) and when i come home ill hop on the mv. Both are great tools and if you have the duckets go with both. you'll find a purpose for both

Old thread... but still.

I started with an NI Maschine. My first drum machine. Anddddddddddd.... guess what? It got sold a month later. I had basically said "**** drum machines... I can do that shit on a computer." So that's what I did.

Until I discovered the MPC. It made my workflow so much easier. You don't want to load up FL Studio every time you want to hear some drums. My MPC is ready to go at 3 in the morning. Regardless of what my computer is doing.

Moral of the story: Go MPC (above 500).

Back