Mpc2000xl

Peace. Here's my problem: I want to play the Xpand plug-in in Pro Tools 8 (mac) with my Oxygen25 midi controller (which only has a usb midi i/o) whilst the performance is recorded into the sequencer of the mpc2000xl (which is sync'd MBClock to the Digi002). So that I could if needed playback the sequence from the MPC with external midi hardware (ie a BassStation). I currently have the lab configured as follows:

Oxygen25...to usb port on Mac (active as a midi input device in PT 8)

Xpand on an "instrument" track in PT

MPC2000xl....MIDI ports A "handshaking" the midi IN and "1st" midi OUT on the Digi 002. The "2nd" midi IN on the MPC is connected to the midi OUT on the Digi002.

*I can trigger the Xpand plug-in from the MPC with the track type set to midi and the output for the track (on the MPC) to 1A-Device01, however if I set the output for the same track to say.. 1B-Device17 the Xpand is no longer being trigger/sounding.

Any help is welcomed.
Peace&Love

did u change the midi channel on the mpc track to a midi track? sounds like u did everything right. make sure the channels match and that the midi channel input is coming from any midi source and that the midi channel output is going to the mpc Im not sure of the exact Pro Tools settings as I used to use Sonar with my 2000 classic in the same fashion but that should work

Back