MPC2000 + Ensoniq EPS16 MIDI Set Up Help

kuntakente88

Hey,

Hope all is well. I've been having trouble understanding how I can make this combo work... Hopefully someone here has a similar set up and can lend me a hand...

I've had an MPC2000 for the last 6 years.. know it pretty well.. and I just recently got an Ensoniq EPS 16 + (got it for 150 dollars so I figured it was worth it)..

Ok, so here's the deal.. I can play the ESP alone, it came with lots of sounds.. but what I want to be able to do is to Sample into the EPS, chop, edit, etc..... and Sequence on the MPC, and do the drums on the MPC, etc... then eventually record into Pro Tools...

What I need help in is with the whole Midi set up from the EPS to the MPC.. I'd like to be able to play synths, chords, samples, from the EPS and have them go into the MPC onto the beat..

I hope all this makes sense.. pretty much, imagine I had a beat loaded up on the MPC, and I wanted to add a synth or bass to it from the EPS... how would I go about setting everything up to be able to do it effectively?

Thanks for any and all help...

on the mpc change the drum track to a midi track then create an instruement track on the EPS go edit instrument and set up the midi channel on the EPS. this is how I used to setup my eps classic with my mpc 2000

Back