MPC Program editor

Kaminota

Kanye West's Ego Online
Yoooo . I got a MPC 500 and I hate making progarms on it and I also have to chop on my PC and load the chops to the MPC ... Well ... It just got easier.... They came out with the the MPC Maid

Just check it out .... It might be a good look for you
Works with 500 and 1000

http://mpcmaid.sourceforge.net/

Why anyone would actually buy a 500 is beyond my comprehension, maybe fore the portability but you sill need something else to chop the samples in right? so if you have to carry the 500 and a laptop the portability is ass ... right?

Sorry I just hate the 500 with a passion..

Last edited:
I got it cause I thought it had the chop feature... but I ended up just using the note repeat ....once i learned it good... i just started making drum tracks with it .... Make use of what you got ... I can make my drum track any where with my custom kits ... but yeah I would much rather have the 1000 to be able to use the chopping function.

Oh and the pads ..... man ... I love to use it as a midi control on my motif drums ....

Anyway .... I was just droping some info ...for cats like me who got the 500 for whatever reason and got to make due....

Last edited:
Total bs!

I have an mpc 500 in front of me right now!

U chop by ear using trim mode!

I figured that out after about 30 mins of playing with it!

Its very possible to make decent instrumentals on just the 500.

Total bs!

I have an mpc 500 in front of me right now!

U chop by ear using trim mode!

I figured that out after about 30 mins of playing with it!

Its very possible to make decent instrumentals on just the 500.

I agree with you, 'cause I got a 500 too.For the chop, it's very easy by ear and you can improve your skill too..so it's a very good machine if you want to improve your potential to produce. But I must tell that the 2 outputs sucks (some crisp and the highs are sometimes awfuls).
I've a mpc2kxl too and the sound out is much better than the 500.

But anyway, it's a good alternative when you're not at home to makes some beats and work your skills (unfortunatly what I do on the 500 is not compatible with the 2kxl. But the inverse is ok. That's S... !)

Last edited:
Back