MPC CD rom vs Zip Drive vs card readers

skiroy

Couple questions about Using the CD rom vs zip drive. Is one faster than the other?

With the zip drive or CD rom,does it matter which one I have installed on my computer? I know the MPC needs a scsi ones and the MPC 60 is picky about card readers, but could I use a Usb card reader, CD rom or zip to load the stuff on the disks,then use it in the MPC?

I am getting a s2800,s2000 and MPC 60. I heard the s2800 and MPC 60 dont use .wav formats so how would I load my sounds onto a floppy,zip or CD from my PC, to play on these samplers?

Whats the fastest , easiest solution to this? I would most likely be using the s2000,s2800 just to run samples through for the sound and then chopping them up on my MPC1000.

But I want to sequence and store drums on the MPC 60 and also the s2800.

Wow...using zips is 2010. Get NI Maschine!

Retard... Rza, Primo, Kanye and Pete Rock still use Zip's today.

Anyway its really up to you. I use a external SCSI Zip drive for my mpc 2000xl. I never even touched an mpc 60 and I had no idea that they don't play wav formats; but regardless of what format it plays I think it would be a good idea to get the scsi zip drive and one usb for your computer. I say this because most CD drives cant write data on an mpc so if you need to save your project your ish out of luck. But whatever the format is you can load it from your computer to your zip drive and your all set.

Also those producers I listed still use zips because they have been doing it for years and most of their samples, drums, projects are scattered across hundreds of zips.

I don't know if the mpc60 can use an external compact flash drive but if it does I would def. get that.

check out scsiforsamplers.com

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

LOL @ Aux. You watch too much Youtube. Zips in 2010...so funny.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

LOL @ Aux. You watch too much Youtube. Zips in 2010...so funny.

A software controller replication of an mpc with an internal hard drive would be much more funny.

Aux don't insult other members. Anyway welcome back Cash Daily. And I also agree zips just aren't reliable enough for 2010 and to be honest mpcs are great I love mine but I wouldn't recommend someone buy a mpc now. Get Machine or some other software with a nice controller eliminates a lot of headaches.

Hey Thanks X! Feels good to be back. Drake's album (not loved around here) made me want to do music again. Those beats and the album's cohesiveness did it for me. Plus I never really quit...I just took a long break. :)

Last edited:
Hey Thanks X! Feels good to be back. Drake's album (not loved around here) made me want to do music again. Those beats and the album's cohesiveness did it for me. Plus I never really quit...I just took a long break. :)
sometimes we gotta take breaks from the things we love. Its kinda like being born again. I can't seem to stop producing though.

Aux don't insult other members. Anyway welcome back Cash Daily. And I also agree zips just aren't reliable enough for 2010 and to be honest mpcs are great I love mine but I wouldn't recommend someone buy a mpc now. Get Machine or some other software with a nice controller eliminates a lot of headaches.

Zips are no longer the standard so that is irrelevant; cf cards are now prolly the best investment in an mpc and most scsi and 40/60pin interfaces can handle a CF adapter internally or externally. Anyhow, the maschine is an interesting piece of equipment, but it is simply a midi controller with a large internal library of sounds and the ability to control certain machine software features. Certainly there is a learning curve on an mpc, but I think that since op is clearly investing his time and money into buying these instruments there will be no problem once he got the hang of it. And since when is making a solid track not give headaches?

Zips are no longer the standard so that is irrelevant; cf cards are now prolly the best investment in an mpc and most scsi and 40/60pin interfaces can handle a CF adapter internally or externally. Anyhow, the maschine is an interesting piece of equipment, but it is simply a midi controller with a large internal library of sounds and the ability to control certain machine software features. Certainly there is a learning curve on an mpc, but I think that since op is clearly investing his time and money into buying these instruments there will be no problem once he got the hang of it. And since when is making a solid track not give headaches?
solid tracks if anything gives me a neck ache

Whats the max size I can use for a s2800,mpc 60 and how can I tell if it already has the scsi card installed? Do I just have to open them up?

Back