MPC 5000 Impressions

Q

Q Major

I held out on buying the mpc 5000 when it first came out because of the problems I heard people had with the original OS. Now it's been a while and the 2.0 OS is live. I was just wondering what everyone thought of it, any issues still?

Too many issues with the OS and the build quality and poor customer service makes me not endorse it. I would opt for a 2500 JJ. They can't give those things away.

The 5000 section on the MPC forum is mostly of threads on the OS failing and even catching fire. Akai doesn't even show it at their NAMM booth anymore. 2500JJ !

Look up the below text on youtube. I can't post the link or video.
AKAI mpc 5000 Burning LCD screen burn problem

I love the mpc5000.
If someone has a gripe with it its only cuz they don`t undertstand all it`s features.
Or they get the wrong impression from reviews done on the old OS.

What the Mpc5000 is in a nutshell is the Mpc with the most features to date.
It is also a BIG time saver for me.
I have owned and mastered every mpc to come out since the mpc60,and I would use this one before another other model.

As far as issues I have not run into any and have made hundreds of beats since I got mine a few years ago..

I am ready for a new MPC though,I sure hope Akai has something even more mind blowing in the works.
But until then my Mpc5000 will be the center of my production setup.

If you want to see some of my Mpc5000 demos,Tips,and Music check out my youtube.
www.youtube.com/soundsforsamplers

I held out on buying the mpc 5000 when it first came out because of the problems I heard people had with the original OS. Now it's been a while and the 2.0 OS is live. I was just wondering what everyone thought of it, any issues still?

I have to come to Akai Pro`s defence here.

I have helped out hundreds of MPC5000 users since the MPC5k came out, and I have NEVER heard of a screen smoking.
I think this was a isolated incident.

In fact I have never heard of this happening to Any MPC ever made.
More facts are needed,like..
Did he do any after market upgrades?
Is his studios electrical system up to par?

If you are thinking about buying a Mpc5000 dont let this deter you.
Just don`t buy that guys used one lol.

Last edited:
Back