MPC 4000 - Songs n Seq to Computer?

JayEmTea

Hi i was wondering how do I get my seqences and songs to play on my computer? I understand that they aren't the same file type, but WHAT DO NEED to do to make this happen? So that I can hear and edit them in Cool edit / Logic. Thanks.

you need to MIDI SYNC your MPC to your DAW

you need 2 MIDI CABLES and a MIDI INTERFACE. I have the midi Sport which is cheap and really good.

Once you are Midi Synced you are ready TO RECORD INTO your DAW.

The only reason you have the midi cable is when you hit play on your mpc it automatically starts to record from your mpc into your computer. I record out tracc by tracc. The hi hats the kicks the bass etc all on its own track.

I highly recommend staying away from recording it all together as one.

Ideally you want software that can import the file types you want to use, I would suggest you look for programs that can import .pgm files such as Kontakt and get confirmation from a fellow MPC 4000 user that the program works well with your particular machine.

dont think u need a midi in and out cause it has usb port on the back

That port doesn't transfer MIDI data. Would be dope if it did.

Not really necessary to buy software that will allow you to import your programs. I have Maschine which opens pgm's but I rarely even bother. It only takes a few seconds to create a new kit. Plus you can recreate that same kit with any sample player as long as you map it correctly. Syncing is good enough to track things in.

Back