mpc 3000,asr 10,sp 1200 vs emulation from vsts

dmajor100

Would really love to hear from current users and past users of these old school beats and of the new school plug in emulators telling what exact sound comparison all these have that is fact. Reason why i wanna know is because some were in the future im planning on marketing drums online and would like to take all these machines and combined them with great plug ins that will just be so warm and bangin that any producer or musician would love to by and no other fake ass website can match. Ive bought so many drum sounds off the net saying these are great drums or these are from the mpc 60 but shit just sounds the same as regular digital stock sound of any device. So please just some respectful comments are welcomed and give some detail of your uses with any of these machines.

Software like mout bpm,mascine,battery, and even using pro tools lofi plug in. DO these really copy the same sound or is it just adjusting the eq settings in a way that would sound similar.

Decimort is another one I used to use. All I'll say is that when I actually went out and bought a 12bit sampler, I wasn't able to accurately reproduce what it does with decimort.

The Maschine sp1200 emulation is supposed to be pretty good I think, there are blind tests floating around the net if you look.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Just adding, theres heaps of talk about sp1200 drumpacks and stuff, people download them and are disappointed. I think the character of these samplers really comes out when your entire song is coming out of them. its not always so obvious if its just a kick and snare.

Some say that pushing the levels on a mpc 60 or s900 is kinda like tape and will give u a certain sound like saturation.

Yeah theres definitely a distinct sound when you drive the input of some of these samplers. There are plenty of examples in hip hop songs, I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head, but I'll link something when I do.

Back