Mpc 2500 vs. Maschine......

mr.objects

I am thinking about getting this thing maschine and selling my mpc 2500 cause i dont like waiting for shi+ to load on media cards, also using the mpc with ableton, is not working. sync issues. either that or i am getting a separate controller for ableton. it seems like this maschine is just a wanna be mpc that is a daw controller.

I would seriously find a place that has one you can use before you buy it. Because it sounds like you didn't make an informed decision the first time around and ended up with something you don't like. Make a list of things you don't like about the MPC 2500 and see if the maschine fills in the functions you feel the MPC is lacking.

I would seriously find a place that has one you can use before you buy it. Because it sounds like you didn't make an informed decision the first time around and ended up with something you don't like. Make a list of things you don't like about the MPC 2500 and see if the maschine fills in the functions you feel the MPC is lacking.

Excellent advice right here!

I love maschine, it does everything I need it to do that my 4k does, same reasons, I got tired of loading and all that.

But like my man said, you need to know what you want, and why...then see if you can try Maschine in a store or do as much research as you can.

It all depends on what you need...there is no "best" option, just the "what's best for me" option.

I dont know where you came up with the assumption that i ended up with something i dont like and didnt make an informed decision. I have used mpcs for a few years and i love my mpc. I am happy with it. It is when i integrated ableton that using the mpc with was not working. It is abletons fault not the mpc. For some reason ableton sends midi sync a little off time. If it was on time i would be working better. But also there is something i like about having a separate pice of hardware than the computer. Computers have issues. softwares always have issues. The mpc doesnt really have issues, and when it does its fixed by reinstalling the os. Also i've heard alot of mixed reviews about maschine. I think a separate controller for ableton is better. but the sync issue still bothers me.

Did you go from Akai os to JJOS ?
Because the load times on akai or OS is way to slow.

Also we really cant make your decision for you. it all depends what you like. If you like ableton use ableton. or if you like a more hands on approach then an mpc is the right tool. A controller is just an imitation always, never the real thing. But if you want your work flow with ableton to be more tolerable than maybe an mpc is not for you. They are other products like the APC40 that are specifically meant for Ableton.

But at the end of the day a controller will not compare to an mpc 2500 or any mpc. You can compare how you use ableton and how you use your mpc. Both of those do the same job, just differently.

Yeah that midi sync issue must definitely not be cool. I think to give you a better answer you should state how use use/implement ableton to your work flow. They are so much different approaches to make music its not even funny.

hey mr.objects heres a thought, have you ever tried rewiring ableton to another daw with better midi'ing capability. if not look into it.

hey mr.objects heres a thought, have you ever tried rewiring ableton to another daw with better midi'ing capability. if not look into it.
i havent tried that but i have heard alot of people having sync issues with ableton and the mpc. i have tried it every which way to try and make it work. out from ableton as the master, and it is off sync in from mpc and ableton is off sync. i thought about using another program, cause the mpc is on point, its abletons response that is off. also i think im going to get a separate controller for ableton, i make music with both the mpc and ableton togther, not one or the other. its just how i work.

I've got a Maschine and i can tell you it is great.. I've never used an MPC in my life, except in the store though..

But i can vouch for the Maschine!

I am thinking about getting this thing maschine and selling my mpc 2500 cause i dont like waiting for shi+ to load on media cards, also using the mpc with ableton, is not working. sync issues. either that or i am getting a separate controller for ableton. it seems like this maschine is just a wanna be mpc that is a daw controller.

WHY ? They do the same thing ! If you are not happy with your MPC You will not be happy with Maschine simple as that !:smokinFP:
Plus the MPC 2500 Sounds like nothing else. think about It :confused:
believe me I have Both

Last edited:
Maybe mashine might work but thats sort of over kill if you're already using ableton. The sync issues with ableton is always going to exist until they fix it, or unless you make your own patch if you got max for live. There's always a workaround though. Or you might just need an external clock to keep everything tight.

It's not a "wanna be mpc that is a daw controller". It does far more than a mpc could ever dream of. And your use case calls for Maschine. You can use Maschine in standalone mode and just drag and drop patterns as audio or midi to any DAW.
Maybe mashine might work but thats sort of over kill if you're already using ableton.
How would it be overkill? Maschine would provide the same thing that the MPC does and more plus seamless integration with software environment.

Back