MPC 2000xl WAVELENGTHS NOT SHOWING HELPP !!!

ThaMastaD

Squashing MC's since 2005
Hey just got an mpc 2000xl today and ive already hit a speedbump lol when i record a sample and enter the "trim" screen it does not load up the wavelength ive tried various connections but nothings helping, theres something im obviously missing so i was wondering if any of you might be able to help me with the problem, i have a turntable connected to a Behringer vmx 100 to the mpc 200xl. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks CM

Do you see the sound name next to Snd: on top left corner of trim section? Or is there Snd:(no sound)? If you see the sound there, does it start playing if you hit a pad?

Last edited:
thanks for replying and yes the sound name comes up and it plays when i hit a pad just now wavelength shows making it impossible to chop (zone) up if you get that lol

thanks for replying and yes the sound name comes up and it plays when i hit a pad just now wavelength shows making it impossible to chop (zone) up if you get that lol
Just checking, is your sample stereo and something going on on both channels? The trim mode only shows either left or right channel, and left is default. Try changing the View:LEFT to RIGHT with your jog wheel.
Oh and are the start and end points 0 and 0 or 0 and something else?

What os you got there? (Go to Other (Shift+8) -> Ver.)

Last edited:
Nope changing the veiw still dosent bring up the wave length lol and when i record i record on stereo (ive tried recording on everything else but still no luck) and boch channels are active, i left them on their default settings (was like 4560 or something to some other high number, but i messed around a bit and changed the start to 0 and the end to max but still nothing) also my os is 1.14 may 15 2001, i just cant seem to figure out what i am doing wrong lol

Is the area where the soundwave should be white or blue when you have your sample there?

The area is all blue
Then there is something there, it's just very quiet. You might be able to se the waveform if you press Open Window when the cursor is on start as it zooms for fine adjusting. You should try turning up the rec gain knob and record it again.

if its all blue your sample is clipping....turn the gain down when you're recording
No, we were talking about the graphic area in trim mode, not the sample mode. He probably has rec gain turned so down, that you can't see the sound waveform in trim mode.

Last edited:
yep the advice about turning the rec gain up helped get the waveform up a bit but now i have a lot of background gain when i record my samples i dont think it needs to be that high just to get the waveform up lol

Back