mpc 2000xl or...?

if it takes you 3 months to get used to a mpc you should probably just quit lol. seriously I had mine down in a few hours. the mpc series imo is probably the most user friendly piece of hardware out there.

You people are so helpful LOL. Sounds like your mad at this dude for taking up valuable time of yours to type that.

damn. not everybody has "The Glow" like you. We talkin bout the XL or earlier took you 3 hours, right?
2000 classic

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Anyone can sit down at the mpc assign a few sounds and sequence something. That's not what we're talking about here.
neither am i lol.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

You people are so helpful LOL. Sounds like your mad at this dude for taking up valuable time of yours to type that.
and you sound like his body guard for defending him. my point is the mpc is a simple user friendly device. dont intimidate the guy into not getting it because its going to take a really long time to learn because thats simply not true. U should be able to get around and do what u want to do on your mpc in a few hours if u really sit down and play with it. Most of us using mpcs aren't even using the full extent of what it can do anyway. To get down to start making beats fluently without thinking about it took me a day or so to really get comfortable with

amen my brother i didnt have a manual. i clicked buttons and used my basic knowledge of sequencers to llearn how to use the mpc. its easy dont ley nobody fool you, i learned in a matter of 1-2 hours tops and thats maybe stretching it.

Most of us using mpcs aren't even using the full extent of what it can do anyway. To get down to start making beats fluently without thinking about it took me a day or so to really get comfortable with

Good for you....the man already has the machine....i'm trying to tell him he can master it in 3 months. He can 'not use it to its full extent' and post something on here in another month or 2 talking about 'should i get a mpc2500/4000...mv....motif' blah blah or take his time and learn how to use the machine's full capabilities.

honestly you can cut wood with a saw in no time but one should learn to respect the capabilities of the tools of their craft.

yo if you want NI Maschine, ill trade you for your 2000xl and some cash. let me know.

yo if you want NI Maschine, ill trade you for your 2000xl and some cash. let me know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Boy you are trying to get rid of that Maschine why? LOL hahah :rofl::rofl:

I love my MPC2000xl and when Roger Linn drops DrumII Ima be all over it!

For my MPC I have an 80gig Hard drive attached to it and partitioned it from A-Z, I have all my sounds on A and still haven't filled that Partition up. All my songs are on F partition and haven't filled that up, so I have space from b all the way to Z! Whoever said they were going to get a scsi hard drive for it, get it from ebay nice and cheap, that's my computer. The MPC is a drum machine and computer all in one people just don't realize that.

OP if you want to your sequences arranged in as a song just go to song mode, hit Shift + Song [#1] and it will take you there. In that function you can set up as many bars to keep going in each sequence.

Op Tracking out, you can hook your MPC Stereo outs or individual outs into an interface that uses PT and track out from there. In each sequence I would set up my sounds on different tracks so on tracking out you can mute them one by one.

You can do drops and all that on the MPC using the step function.

How I transfer sounds back and forth from the PC is I have a zip drive installed to my MPC and one to my computer. I have One zip drive that I transfer sounds back and forth, when I get those sounds saved on the MPC hard drive I erase the Zip so it can be clean. And it's fast, not as fast as drag and drop but I am thinking why are people trying to go so fast? Heck I many money do what I do and some don't so who are you going real fast for? Moms? Friends? Girl? Homies?

Plus with the MPC you can use the pads in Reason and you can set up your MPC pad chromatically for Reason's Redrum.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Boy you are trying to get rid of that Maschine why? LOL hahah :rofl::rofl:

I love my MPC2000xl and when Roger Linn drops DrumII Ima be all over it!

For my MPC I have an 80gig Hard drive attached to it and partitioned it from A-Z, I have all my sounds on A and still haven't filled that Partition up. All my songs are on F partition and haven't filled that up, so I have space from b all the way to Z!

Lol 80 gigs is far beyond overkill. I have a thought to use a 2 gb CF card like you're using that 80 gb drive! The smaller the files are the easier they are to work with.

Back