Mpc 2000xl memory card reader help

coco2888

I jus got my mpc 2000xl. It came with an internal floppy drive but I'd rather purchase and use an external memory card reader to load my sounds from CPU. The problem is that most memory card readers have USB connections and my mpc has the usual scsi2 connection how can I possibly connect the two?! Please help!!

Don't buy from mpcstuff overpriced imo
I bought a addonics brand IDE card reader ...and got my Akai kit and 1gb cf card from scsiforsamplers cheap ...plugged it in and worked no problem
Also buy the bracket from him cus the addonics don't have holes to screw in his does ....or buy his 69.99 kit he has great service

Ok so If i get the IDE Card Reader Install Kit for the Akai MPC2000XL from scsiforsamplerdotcom along with an cf card and an addonics IDE card reader will I be in good shape?
I am simply trying to find the cheapest solution to this problem because I have no floppy disks and don't have too much money right now

Last edited:
Yes but to be honest the addonics is $30 plus shipping
The Akai kit and bracket is $20 plus shipping and a cf card your looking
Around the same price of scsiforsamplers 69.99 drive

I had a addonics drive from 2 years in a dresser so I went that route

IMHO I'd go for the Scsiforsamplers drive. It's the only one that I have seen that can save/load from a 16GB memory card with no problems.
JD the owner is a great guy to work with.

Last edited:
IMHO I'd go for the Scsiforsamplers drive. It's the only one that I have seen that can save/load from a 16GB memory card with no problems.
JD the owner is a great guy to work with.

CO SIGN

i have the 16 GB CARD. WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!

i was actually going to post that website. i received my card within 5 days of purchasing it.

Easy connectivity and set up. Step by step instruction manual. All questions i had were answered via email almost instantly and there is an international number to call to help you set it up.

fucc i sound like im sponsored by them.

IMHO its the best thing for memory for the 2000 or the 2000 XL. FUCC SCSI the stop working ive had mine fail and lost all of my beats!!!!!

Back