mpc 2000xl mcd vs zip disk

d-rock07

i have found a couple mpc's and one has the multi card reader and the other has an internal zip drive and also an external one. the guy said he cant get things to save to the internal one but the external seems to work fine. im wondering how big an upgrade it is to have the mcd instead and how much more is a reasonable amount to pay to have the mcd over the zip

I'd highly recommend the MCD over Zip disks. I used Zip disks in the past but they were really unreliable for me. I've moved onto using a CD drive to load samples from and then I just skip on saving my work and if it's good enough I'll track it out. How much extra to pay for one w/ MCD is something someone else will have to comment on though.

Go with the mcd.I still have my zips and all my disk and never had any problem with them but i know alot of people who have.Besides,if you check around on zips their pricing is ridiculous.All of a sudden they put akai in front of it and the price tripled.Save some money and get a mcd,it's very cheap,around 30 bucks and the cards are reliable and reasonably priced as well.Also the install is quick and easy.

Last edited:
Back