Mpc 2000xl master with Fantom x6 as slave!!!

sloandpb0823

I will praise whoever gets this setup working!!

I've looked on every forum searched and searched and have yet to find the answer.

I know how to hook up the midi ins and outs for the fantom to mpc 2000xl.

The problem is getting the midi data to record to the mpc.

and when I do get it to work how to play more than one midi channel from the fantom. When I get something recorded and try to change tracks and midi channels on the mpc it's changes the first thing I recorded on midi channel 1a.

Please help me.

Just need 2 midi cables and a mixer.
First hook the audio outputs of both the MPC and the Fantom to your mixer (so you can hear both machines)

Then take 2 Midi cables and hook them up handshake mode ( mpc out to keyboard in and Mpc in to Keyboard out)

From there you are hooked up on the mpc all you have to do is go to your main screen and tuen DRUM to MIDI under your track name and pick your midi channel to the right ( 1-16)

You however are going to have to fig out how to get the Fantom to enable 16 tracks of midi.

I am having the same problem and people act like its nothing but it can be very frustrating. I have hooked up the midi and have followed all the instructions according to the instruction manual but still no luck. I have changed my track and the midi to 2a, 3a etc... but still the sound changes when you try to add a different instrument. If you have figured out the problem PLEASE!!!!!! reach out to me. Thanks

Studio mode in Fantom
F8 then to External*
In External go into SW keyboard *
Make sue sure yellow light is on for each track

Then F6 to F7 back to main screen

See if this works some guy just hooked me up
Him:It's not your MPC, all you have to do on the MPCs end is hook up 2 midi cables then everything else is done on the MPC main screen.
You have to figure out how to get multiple midi tracks from your keyboard.
In it's midi settings, sometimes called Mult.

Me:WOW!!!!!! you are a life saver it was as simple as changing the "S" which is single track recording to "M" for multi. Funny thing is I would always leave it on "S" even though i would change it in the menu. I owe you bro. Good looking out!!!!!

Now I can use 1a up to 16a hope that helps I know how frustrating it can be.

Back