mpc 2000 - what can it do?

DaveBeatz

been lookin at mpc 2000 as i cant afford mpc 1000.

what can 2000 do? been lookin at them and the dnt have hard drive or memory card so can you not sample into it like you can mpc 1000?

do you have to use floppies + zips to transfer samples + drums from pc?

well the mpc 2000 is just like the 1000 I believe so have had the 60,2000XL, and the 2000. It uses floopy...and I think with certain hardware secret techniques can be upgraded to zip disk but its not easy...and usually SCSI is the main source for saving files. but back the specs u can sample into it just like u can on the 1000. If u wanna transfer files ( drums, sounds WAVs, or just samples u chopped up in a DAW ) just use the SCSI with a card reader and ur good but u can track out of it withnthe 8 out extension but before i keep blabbing what exactly r u trying to do make beats and mix them or just make beats and track em whole into u PC wha what what lmao?

lol the mpc 2000 is still a sampler. it just doesnt have a lot of the storage options that the mpc 1000 has. you dont have to use floppy disks but most mpc 2000s will still have floppy onboard. you can buy external hard drives with the mpc 2000 and the 1000 doesnt come with a hard drive that is a later option that you have to buy. the mpc 1000s are cool if you want those up to date things like usb, the ability to have an internal hard drive or compact flash on board if you don't need those things the mpc 2000 will get the job done. I love my 2000

so you CAN sample into it? where does it save it? and it will have to be floppy fo tranfering from pc.

is there any sites you know of that show how to upgrade mpc 2000 etc?

well its ram only saves what u sample while the machine is on, but once u turn off the power all samples songs EVERYTHING is gone. Depending on how much u sample and as in how long ur chopped sample will be, u can save samples and sounds on the floppy disks. if ur sample is more then a certain amount of time it wont fit onto the disk so make sure u sample as little amount as possible, however if u dont wanna use floppies u can just save on the SCSI like mentioned above. mpcstuff.com has a video on it...
onlyupgrades u can do is:
Add effects board
add 8 out extension
SCSI Drive but this isnt really an upgrade just an added peice
and the RAM, 2 mbs to 32 Mbs
Thats pretty much it.
U can settle for that or save up the extra guap for an mpc 2500
I suggest getting the 2500 cause parts are gonna be hard to find for the 2000 soon especiialy the screen...but if u wanna start out on an mp, go for the 2000

depends on what addons you have. some save to floppy some save to zip some save to compact flash they all start with floppy but u can buy them with different extras for a little more. You should really do a google search on the Mpc 2000 or 2000xl they are very similar machines. The xl has a few more features though.

Back