Mpc 1000?

R

RyanTheBruce

I'm thinking about getting an mpc 1000 soon..
My set up at the moment is just my laptop, a midi keyboard and reason 4, I've just been recording everything in with my keyboard but would like to add the mpc 1000 to my hardware, was just wondering what I would need and how I would go about it best? It's just because I've watched a lot of videos but seen that you can't record the mpc straight to reason? What's the best software to use with the mpc if I want to record straight from the mpc? Sorry for all the questions, just not too sure where to start..
Any help or advice would be much appreciated, cheers.

While you could use Reason and Propellerhead's own Record for quite cheap I would recommend looking a sequencer like Cubase etc, because the Propellerhead's stuff lacks the ability to control external MIDI hardware and that might or might not be an issue for you depending on how you want to work.

Thanks man, i have cubase aswell but i at first i was only intending to use it for mixing the beat in with the vocals but i might take a look at actually making beats on it too

shit! that's heavy man! well i've kind of changed my mind and thought i would get an mpk49 instead of the mpc1000 cause that would give me a decent keyboard and have the 12 pads for sampling and drums, i thought it would be a decent piece of kit to start off with, what do you think?

If you are planning on spending $499.00 or more for an MPC1000. Then I would say get the Maschine. I own MPC4000,MPC 1000, and the Maschine. It can be used with the DAW or as a standalone. The next update you will be able to ues your VST's within the Maschine Standalone. So you getting Hardware with software that's being developed to make it even stronger per update. Just my recommendation. If your local Music Stores have them both out for you to play with do that to see what's better for you.

Last edited:
Word...
If you are planning on spending $499.00 or more for an MPC1000. Then I would say get the Maschine. I own MPC4000,MPC 1000, and the Maschine. It can be used with the DAW or as a standalone. The next update you will be able to ues your VST's within the Maschine Standalone. So you getting Hardware with software that's being developed to make it even stronger per update. Just my recommendation. If your local Music Stores have them both out for you to play with do that to see what's better for you.

haha there's so many opinions and hardware recommendations flying about, i don't have a clue what to get, so you don't think the mpk49 would be a good start until i find my feet with the pads and the keys then maybe later i'll invest in an mpc or maschine..
What's actually the difference between having an mpc or having the mpd/mpk's with the pads aswell?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha there's so many opinions and hardware recommendations flying about, i don't have a clue what to get, so you don't think the mpk49 would be a good start until i find my feet with the pads and the keys then maybe later i'll invest in an mpc or maschine..
What's actually the difference between having an mpc or having the mpd/mpk's with the pads aswell?

You listed that you already have a midi keyboard. So why purchase another keyboard midi controller? That's just my two cents build on to what you have unless your midi keyboard is not working properly. But if it is you can midi your keyboard into the Maschine or your DAW if that your preference.

Take some time to decide how you plan to create music. If you feel that you need a keyboard then get a keyboard. You can have the best of both worlds with your keyboard plus the Maschine sounds and software. For the price.

Yeah i see what you mean, it's just that the keyboard i've got just now i got years ago, its just a small one so i thought i would get a new one, and thought that maybe if i got the mpk49 then it would be killing two birds with one stone, as i also want some pads to use for chopped samples and drum patterns.. i take it you can do these things with the mpk49?

If you go for hardware like an MPC then you will want to use Cubase and ReWire Reason into it, or you can just get a new controller if that's what you want.

Yeah, thanks a lot for the advice anyway everyone, It's much appreciated!

use reason as a sound module rack and hook it up to your mpc via midi (tons of YT tuts on how to do this)

cheapest best daw imo is Reaper.

If i purchased a machine could i use reaper, and can i make beats in reaper as a DAW like you can in reason if i hook up my LPK25

I came here to post a comment for exactly the same thing lol i have my pc running reason, I have a shitty oxygen 49 (no midi) and a focusrite saffire 6. I'm looking to by a mpc 1000 i know alot of people say most people buy it cause its the 'in thing' well I truly believe I really want to get an mpc 1000 to get the real feeling of making music the hardware way lol.

Can someone help me and just let me know how you would track out the beat you've actually made? I've looked up numerous videos on the mpc just to get an idea but the tracking out is confusing me, do i need another soundcard? or would my focusrite saffire 6 be fine? do i need a midi keyboard?

any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

I got my mpc1000 linked to my pioneer djm600, then record into cool edit

you can always jsut record straight from the headphones on the mp to the mic in on the pc with a aux wire tho

Back