MPC 1000 Freezing Issues

lifehiphop

Sup FP,

Does anyone know why might an MPC 1000 freeze when I go to save a project. Soons I name the folder and press enter (F5) it just freezes. It's happening quite frequent these days and it's a pain. Also what is this "Directory Error" message I get when saving a project sometimes as well. Any help will do. Thanks!

Obitheincredible said:
It is a os error akai has yet to fix. Download the JJ os.

I have the jj os free version installed and I'm having the same problem!
Been using it for about 4 months with no problems untill today. Now I cant save at all, when I push F5 do it, the replace or rename screen comes up and it freezes. I tried taking everything off the memory card except for one .PGM with the samples, loaded it up, went to save it with a new name and again when I push F5 do it, it froze...So pissed because when it first happened I'd just spent 2 hours workin on a beat and I lost all that work!
Please HELP or else its back to fruity loops for me

---------- Post added 07-24-2010 at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-12-2009 at 12:41 PM ----------

I have the jj os free version installed and I'm having the same problem!
Been using it for about 4 months with no problems untill today. Now I cant save at all, when I push F5 do it, the replace or rename screen comes up and it freezes. I tried taking everything off the memory card except for one .PGM with the samples, loaded it up, went to save it with a new name and again when I push F5 do it, it froze...So pissed because when it first happened I'd just spent 2 hours workin on a beat and I lost all that work!
Please HELP or else its back to fruity loops for me

It ended up being the memory card that was to blame...don't buy cheap imitation memory cards!

Sounds like bad ram..
Also are you connected to a power strip ?
Or like stated it could be a bad card,but I don`t think so.

Back