MPC 1000 and MBOX 2 PRO

R

rychus907

Does anyone know if it is possibel to hook up and AKAI MPC 1000 to the MBOX 2 PRO and play it without unhooking the firewire cable or launching Pro Tools.

This is my set up:

MCP in to MBOX line 1-2 (on rear panel/ DI is enabled on front)
Mon out of MBOX to Active KRK Monitors.

also have Stanton T.60 turntabe hooked up to AUX in Phono... no sound even when Phono is enabled on front of MBOX.

The only way to play directly thru to MBOX is to unhook the firewire or launch ProTools and Rec enable a track for either input 1-2 for MPC or 3-4 for Turntable

If anyonye can help i would really appreciatie it.

Thanks

Just make shure that on your desktop/laptop you go to your soundcard properties and switch it from your computer outs to your mbox2 1-2 outs. On my laptop, im running a mbox mini, with your similar config, and i dont have to open up protools to here my mpc through my mbox. On my desktop, im running my mbox2pro, but all my equip. is going to my mixer, going out to my mbox2 pro. Did that help?

www.myspace.com/youngkingkrue

Check out my music Fam, One

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to run everything to my mixer then out of th mixer into the MBOX,

Thanks for the help

But doing it with a mixer ,you can't use midi anymore. I personally would do it that way only with guitars or similar audio instruments. I assume you go from the mix out/audio out of the mixer to the audio in of your mbox.
Soon, I'll buy a Mbox too for my keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still use midi. I have a usb to midi interface. I connect the usb end to my computer, install the drivers etc.. The other end connects to my mpc 1000, In Protools in the midi section select your midi interface, and bamm.. when ever i hit record and play on my cpu my mpc goes along with it.. My midi axion is usb to, for my rtas and vst's as well. Did that help..I can go in more detail if you want.. peace

I'm having the same issue, I have my MPC 1000 connected to Mbox2Pro and still cant hear anything unless I open protools.

Back