Most Underated Producer

I think Khao is one of the most underrated. He did Why u wanna and Hello on T.I.'s album. I think Swizz Beatz and Mannie Fresh are like the 2 most overrated producers in the game. I think the Runners are getting kind of played out with just using acapellas and the same sounds but their beats be rockin'!

Seems like T.I. get's alot of hot beats and raps a bunch of bullsh*t on them. That Why you wanna beat was nice. I was diggin' the organ sampled from the old house track then I hear T.I. sayin' a whole lot of nothing on it. Just seems like a waste. Honestly I think most of his record sales come from his beat selection. Just like 50.

Cameron Thomas said:
Seems like T.I. get's alot of hot beats and raps a bunch of bullsh*t on them. That Why you wanna beat was nice. I was diggin' the organ sampled from the old house track then I hear T.I. sayin' a whole lot of nothing on it. Just seems like a waste. Honestly I think most of his record sales come from his beat selection. Just like 50.

Yeah, I agree. Because i have this friend. he doesn't evenr eally listen to hiphop/rap music. But he gots the T.I. album, talking about its' real good.
Am like, "you just like the beatz, you don't even know what he sayin"/

To the homie cameron Thomas.. the T.I. jopint was and interpolation of an old roberta flack joint, Gone Away, on her Chapter Two album. The joints co-produced by donny hathaway and curtis mayfield. I'm so hot with myself that I couldn't figure out how to flip that joint cause its like one of the first records I've ever copped.

I could run with No I.D. as the most underated though. Not only was it One day it will all...... common album, but what about his work on ressurection? Damn the title track says enough, I used to love her two words.... CLAS-SIC. Even the All around the world joint he did on the blueprint 2 is tough.

Last edited:
That_beat_aint_right said:
Is that the dude who produced "Foreign Exchange"? If that's the case I ain't laughing. I was impreesed with what I heard.

Yeah it is. I let my friends from New York hear some of his stuff and they were basically like what the hell is this and flung the disc out of the player. Others cats I tried enlighten say it's not really hiphop or it's boring. But then again these cats are big fans of the garbage music that's out.

I'm gonna throw this out there.

Basement Jaxx

If you haven't heard these guys you really should take a listen. They can produce so many different styles of music. Honestly I'd have to say they are two of the most talented producers I have ever heard if not the most talented.

hurahn said:
Yeah it is. I let my friends from New York hear some of his stuff and they were basically like what the hell is this and flung the disc out of the player. Others cats I tried enlighten say it's not really hiphop or it's boring. But then again these cats are big fans of the garbage music that's out.

You should find new friends.

Cameron Thomas said:
I'm gonna throw this out there.

Basement Jaxx

If you haven't heard these guys you really should take a listen. They can produce so many different styles of music. Honestly I'd have to say they are two of the most talented producers I have ever heard if not the most talented.

I'm a massive Basement Jaxx fan and I have to co-sign with what you have said there. They create soundscapes which are beyond anything else I've ever heard. Nobody comes cloes to them. The creativity of what they produce is incredible. "Remedy" is the shiiiiiet, "U Cant Stop Me In Particular". Lol, I forgot that this thread is not exclusively regarding hip-hop producers.

That_beat_aint_right said:
You should find new friends.

I'm a massive Basement Jaxx fan and I have to co-sign with what you have said there. They create soundscapes which are beyond anything else I've ever heard. Nobody comes cloes to them. The creativity of what they produce is incredible. "Remedy" is the shiiiiiet, "U Cant Stop Me In Particular". Lol, I forgot that this thread is not exclusively regarding hip-hop producers.

Yeah the Jaxx are all over the place with their music though from house to R&B, Latin influenced stuff to chilled out experimental stuff. I remember them talking about being influenced by Timbaland and I think that came through on You Can't Stop Me. Remedy is still my fav album but I thought Kish Kash was pretty dope too. I admire them for being able to have so many different sounds going and not having the track sound crowded. They add some wierd sh*t too...lol I think in you can't stop me there is a sheep in the background. ha. Could have been another track though not sure.

Back