Most Underated Producer

lol...all yall are right in some wayz...so there fore i will keep this into a good forum..instead of talking mess..but umm im just wondering as a producer thats starting off ...no fame yet..besides family!! ha lol..why does errbody on here not like JD for his work...is there something he's cheating. doesnt deserve credit...wut....cuz most of his stuff i havent found any problem with it...and his studio is hot..he be on product promotions...wutz good!???

also blaze ia a beast...like shaq and koby....why is kanye a.k.a koby takin spotlight?!!

umm also like i alwayz tell errbody..umm mannie fresh is my favorite ....now i do mess wit da old school.,..but i just like 100% of his work...neva dissapointed me...and thats my produca idol..

low2behold said:
i still think pete rock deserves a lot more burn.

co sign

especially now adays....ive heard cats dont even know Pete Rock is......its sad, this man is a fukin hip hop icon

Mickey Knox said:

I heard his instrumental album and was unimpressed. But I did like the production he did on Dudley Perkins' album.

mannie fresh is underrated.this nigga beatz is vicious.he always adds a lil sumthn 2 the beat 2 make u go crazy.dj toomp is aLSO underrated.he is a problem.

damn... I forgot all about Mannie... talk about versatility...

yo as much as i appreciate everyones taste in this thread, i must say that i dont know if many of these dudes are actually "underrated"... i mean, madlib, pete rock, just blaze? yea theyre great but they get tons of props.

so anyways, my votes go to dj muggs, mathematics and tru masta.

Sasha, A-Sides, and Armand Van Helden, Underworld. Since most of the hip hop producers was mentioned I'd decided to go with some others.

dilla, for real. also i hear some people claimin Mf doom is one of the best in the game. and the most forgotten has to be Q-tip man. beats rhymes & life? love movement! OFF

Mike Dean...........

Mike Dean has been around for YEARS, and know one really even remembers the solid classic hip hop he brought to the world. Not to mention the fact I believe hes white. He in my opinion was the first great "southern", producers as he was droppin ill tracks for the Ghetto Boyz, Scarface. Yukmouth, Big Mike, Z-Ro, Tela, and MANY others way before no limit, cash money and all the other southern cats dropped. Many of his classic joints were sample free, and he used production techniques that many are only recently starting to use today.

damanja10 said:
I think Just Blaze is overrated. Breathe was amazing. but everything else he does is just loop he rarely chops his samples.

Why do people feel that you have to put all sorts of effort into creating a beat? So what if he doesn't chop his samples all to hell, it has nothing to do with a creativity thing. It has to do with you coming up with the sound you want. Most producers don't chop records up into a million itty bitty pieces, otherwise you'd lose the "groove" of the sample that got you interested in the first place. Being a sampling producer is about taking the sample and making something hot out of it, regardless of what you do with it.

And FYI, blaze DOES chop alot of his samples up. as a matter of fact, alot of his records contain chops from MANY different records, put into one song, something he says he misses about the pioneer producers like premier. not to mention he, like primo, does his own scratches.

Morning_Star said:
Dupri's talent is all bought fame. His beats are lame and he relys on gimmics. I mean he "invented" Kriss Kross, with his dad anyway. That's always been thier thing. Find a gimmic and fund it untill it makes money. I almost never like a single song he has produced or been featured on except that "Fresh as I'm is" Bow track. The beat and track is dope. But if it sounded a little less like a J. D. beat it would be even better. And I'm from the A. Even if he offered to sign me I might check it out then if it sounded anything like his signiture work then I would turn it down. Same thing with DTP. Luda is one of the tightest feature artist but his tracks get so annoying. And I blame the producer.
So what if he made a gimmick or two? The dude still has consistantly made some of the hottest beats non stop main stream for the past 10 years, and dudes like you overlook him cause he has had gimmicks. Like someone else said, he made peoples careers. Look at Mariah Carey, and her comeback thanks to JD. The dude is gold.

2Jaze said:
Why do people feel that you have to put all sorts of effort into creating a beat? So what if he doesn't chop his samples all to hell, it has nothing to do with a creativity thing. It has to do with you coming up with the sound you want. Most producers don't chop records up into a million itty bitty pieces, otherwise you'd lose the "groove" of the sample that got you interested in the first place. Being a sampling producer is about taking the sample and making something hot out of it, regardless of what you do with it.

And FYI, blaze DOES chop alot of his samples up. as a matter of fact, alot of his records contain chops from MANY different records, put into one song, something he says he misses about the pioneer producers like premier. not to mention he, like primo, does his own scratches.
Yeah, I saw a video of him making a beat, and the dude was nasty on the Turntable scratching, and sampling tip. And it all looked so easy to him. He picked up a great sample from the vynl, and did a tight ass scratch and sequenced it in like less than a minute... And I was like DAMN!

el_bori_787 said:
yo,.... i say 9th wonder
Dudes Mad Overatted, its not even funny. He makes some weak ass tracks with crappy drums for a group, and people hop on his thing like its prison.

Last edited:
Back