Most musical States????

T

trevonburna

Which states are the most musical, when it comes to hip hop???

NY, Cali, Penn (Philly & Pittsburgh), Georgia (Atlanta), & Texas (Houston). Although Florida is getting big in Miami now with Pitbull (if you wanna consider that hip-hop), Rick Ross & Drake (the Canadian) repping it.

Last edited:
Georgia. No contest. lmao! Everytime we minding our own GOT DAMN business.......hear come these other States going "WOW......what is this.......we shall call it crunk music...we need to make a document of this and share it with the world". "Wow......what is this..........we shall call it snap music.........OH MY....this needs some EDM mixing in it.

All you other MFing States been doing what for the past 13 years? Biting our shit........NUFF SAID.

And even before you MFers started biting.......we were still hitting the charts on the sly......just minding our own business with booty shake music.

You other States don't have enough subs to fuuck with G.A. And yall hate that shit. And we love it.

i don't listen to trap or any of that dirt south ish so atl doesn't even cut it. all i say is NY, houston, and cali. atl and chi town come in second place than some other places like boston, DC, and seattle come in third

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Tennesse.... Memphis, where blues basically originated, and Nashville... Music City, U.S.A

the south and the midwest doing it big for Christian music
tenn. for sure on the christian tip nashville
Gospel Music Association | Our Mission is to Expose, Promote and Celebrate the Gospel Through Music
some call it the bible belt

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Considering everybody in every region is biting southern shit it's got to be the south and to narrow it down. Atlanta. West Coast, North East, Midwest, all are rapping over trap beats now. There is no more regional sound. Everybody is a ****ing rip off artist. It's a shame too, I miss the Uniqueness of southern hiphop. Now everybody is biting that shit with no originality.

8Ball & MJG, Three Six Mafia, Yo Gotti ... all from Memphis. Drumma Boy, probably the most consistent "dirty south" producer is also from Memphis.

Well you brought up blues bro, and Nashville, which commonly is associated with country.....but yes. Again. I agree.

Considering everybody in every region is biting southern shit it's got to be the south and to narrow it down. Atlanta. West Coast, North East, Midwest, all are rapping over trap beats now. There is no more regional sound. Everybody is a ****ing rip off artist. It's a shame too, I miss the Uniqueness of southern hiphop. Now everybody is biting that shit with no originality.
Yo bro u cant forget the unsigned people keepin it real!! I work with some artists that refuse to spit on south beats!! And also the mainstream rappers who use south beats are just doing it cuz everybody else is doin it!! But not many independent artists are doin it. Take Immortal Technique for example or Vinnie Paz and others!! But i still agree!

NYC. We birthed the music and the culture, the music industry headquarters is located here (along with its LA counterpart), there are more rappers, producers and DJ's per city block than anywhere else on the planet and has always maintained a defined presence throughout every era of the rap game. Is the 'scene' popping like it was in its glory days? Not by a long shot (advantage ATL & LA) but overall its still takes the league.

Now if you want to talk musically regardless of genre you gotta go with New Orleans

NYC. We birthed the music and the culture, the music industry headquarters is located here (along with its LA counterpart), there are more rappers, producers and DJ's per city block than anywhere else on the planet and has always maintained a defined presence throughout every era of the rap game. Is the 'scene' popping like it was in its glory days? Not by a long shot (advantage ATL & LA) but overall its still takes the league.

Now if you want to talk musically regardless of genre you gotta go with New Orleans
Always knew u were a wise man.:cool:

Louisiana for music in general because it's got New Orleans in it. My home state of Ohio isn't too bad musically either.

Back