More BoomBap in need of critique (F4F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipharu

Black America x Japan
hey man, thanks for the feed fam! cool joint, I like the sampling on this one. However, I feel like the kick doesnt cut through enough. I would personally put some NY compression on that kick, and EQ it so it cuts through the low and has that mid thump. Possibly layer. The snare could use some compression, I wasnt a fan of that snape half a second after the snare to be honest. But this is nice, its got the framework to be something really good. Keep it up!

This one chopped up real nice! I got to agree with the others who said, you need to layer and compress the kick hard so it would come through harder. One thing I would try and it's probably me only, but when I sample, I never leave the original chops on the same pitch, +400 Cents up for the MAAADNEEESSSS :D Dope beat tho :)

This one chopped up real nice! I got to agree with the others who said, you need to layer and compress the kick hard so it would come through harder. One thing I would try and it's probably me only, but when I sample, I never leave the original chops on the same pitch, +400 Cents up for the MAAADNEEESSSS :D Dope beat tho :)

Lol its not in the original pitch, I play with the pitch for all my samples. I originally had the drums louder but it sounded like they were distorting so I turned them down. Thanks man

Greetings there.

I like the feeling of the chops and the sample. Nice work there. I think the engineering could use some more clarity and depth in departments, though this is still good work. Keep it going.

- TTT

Really like the transition from the original sample to the pitched sample -- hella smooth

Off the bat, imo those snaps really don't fit this one -- that snare is much more fitting but it really needs some more snares layered up on it; boom-bap is drum driven and this really needs that driving force. Same goes for the kick, is really gotta be tightened up and stronger. Most of your drum mixing will just come with practice and time but really focus on trying to layer different drums together more senselessly and play around with some distortion and warmers and other drum processors so really get those drums hitting hard, then just save your presets to start out with and tailor them for each beat

The sample is smooth man, just gotta get those drums to match! but you're sounding like you're on your way dude!

hit me back:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...et-some-datamosh-videos]-477369/#post49797005

This is dirty. I dig it. I mean you kept it grimey and warm. I really dont have a problem with it.

You can check for my work in the sig. Drop me a line on the cloud. I'll do the same for your work.

Whew, this is fire. Straight head nodding, glad you left the link in my thread. Mix sounds balanced to me got that sampled sound to it, really raw. The chops are perfect. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back