Monitors or headphones?

I've been using KRK Rokit 8's as my monitors and the KNS-6400 for my cans... I don't claim to have used all the best top-end equipment; however, I can tell you that I'm able to make a mix that's cleaner than most with this hardware... The 6400's would be in your price range... I know the 8's may be a bit pricey, but they have smaller options that are reasonable as well... Then again, none of my tracks are truly mixed/mastered until they sound good in the ol school car stereo, soooooo... ain't it funny how that works...

i would suggest monitors only for the fact you get a better more accurate sound image... monitors is the way to go no way around it i mean u get clean mixes from headphones but monitors give you that punch

i produce with krk-rokit5's and DT770s. I think using both monitors and headphones will result in better mixes. I swear by my combo. Love em.

2 sets of monitors (1 high end pair and then a consumer pair) although if your mixing in your bedroom or any room with parallel walls for that mater, then you need headphones.

I would recommend M-Audio ATH-M50 studio headphones. They are seriously the best headphones I have ever owned, super amazing. If your budget is $200, you are definitely going to get a lot more bang for your buck with headphones.

I prefer a Neardfield Studio Monitors, but good have headphones and monitors

You should always be checking between both. Listen on your monitors, and tweak, then listen on your headphones and tweak again, the more listening mediums the better! I would recommend getting monitors, they are more resourceful than headphones.

Back