Modulation wheel control, Purity Vst. Simple problem. Help?

jayneptune

So i just bought an Alesis Q49 Midi Keyboard, found it to be fantastic, especially with the mapping. Anyway, so i opened up Purity on Fl Studio to test out the functions. Pitch bend worked fine, heard the obvious change in the audio, even showed the wheel moving on the Vst. The Modulation wheel however wasn't moving on the Vst at all. There wasn't even a difference in the sound. I know Modulation is supposed to create a "tremolo" type effect, but is it subtle? To the point where you can barely hear it? I dunno, but does anyone know a fix for this? I mean all i really want is for the Mod wheel to move on the Vst and to also hear the difference the effect is making in the audio. Help?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

as a matter of fact, none of my Vst's seem to be picking up the modulation wheel. :\

I know Modulation is supposed to create a "tremolo" type effect, but is it subtle?

Modulation isn't supposed to "create" any particular effect - it's basically just another knob on the controller. It's often assigned to an LFO (or similar) by default, but it certainly isn't fixed to do that particular thing.

You might consider downloading some kind of a MIDI activity program (I've been using MidiPipe but it's OSX only) to see whether or not there's data coming from the mod wheel at all - that should at least give you an indication of where the problem lies.

Back