MMLP2 Leaked

Truth be told, this album ain't half bad at all. I wasn't expecting too much, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

The singles are kinda the worst songs on the album.

Got it last night...

I repeat...people should NEVER have Part 2's to albums, unless it's truly a multiple part, PLANNED experience.

It sets expectations WAY too high, and they fail EVERY SINGLE TIME.

There is no Part 2 to any musical work that has succeeded on the level of the part 1.

It just works against the artist in the long run.

I don't believe in accidental leaks any more. Its marketing because the know the real money don't come from sales these days.

Mac leaked, Drake leaked, and now Em.

It ain't leaking just modern day marketing.

I don't believe in accidental leaks any more. Its marketing because the know the real money don't come from sales these days.

Mac leaked, Drake leaked, and now Em.

It ain't leaking just modern day marketing.

What's the purpose of leaking it early?

I don't see any marketing benefits and album sales don't really benefit either.

Homie brought it over, I made it 4 songs in before I had him turn it off.

That Bad Guy 7 minute song about Kim was absurd, that's sad he's still holding onto that.

What's the purpose of leaking it early?

I don't see any marketing benefits and album sales don't really benefit either.
Well all three of those artists I mentioned did solid numbers. I even think it helped Mac to not get caught up in the J Cole/Kanye hype. I think it gives you some unofficial pre-buzz if your a big artist (u heard track so and so). Plus true fans are going to buy it, so it don't matter. And this week nobody major is dropping in hip-hop-good timing.

You made me curious so i googled it and this is what i got -
New Study Says Leaked Albums From Popular Artists Lead To More Sales | Techdirt

Now the question, should i listen to the album now or wait for my cd to arrive...
Cool. Music is free what a wonderful world.

hes a multi-millionaire and hes still worried about kim, ....what a sucka man....LOL...

I think it's terrible in every possible way. I ain't really been interested in Em for a long while but I always check his stuff to see if he get's back to any sort of form. Totally hate the album. Some tracks are beyond corny.

Beautiful Pain is the only shit I turned the volume up on.

But man...that was one awful album. I'm not sure what's worse, Yeezus or this. Wtf.

Last edited:
Got it last night...

I repeat...people should NEVER have Part 2's to albums, unless it's truly a multiple part, PLANNED experience.

Agree 100%. Never understood why people called stuff part 2 that doesn't have the same feel as 1.....besides the desperation.

Like Snoop coming out with Doggystyle 2 without Dr.Dre...........without WBALLZ........without some kind of funk reference.....and the first single is a trap beat.

It's like I never understood why a person feel they should bring up old songs of a person that they have featured on a song. It takes away from the song IMO. Scarface can't feature on anybody song without some other rapper on it mentioning mind playing tricks or some shit. Shit is corny to me. Or if Pac has a new album featuring artist........why doesn't somebody tell the rapper NOT TO ACT LIKE a fan boy? The song is about police brutality.....not your love for Pac....save that shit for your album and rap about police brutality.

Speaking of Pac.....I was thinking the other day that I would LOVE for his new album to be mainly produced by Quik and Raphael Saadiq. I would make that happen. BUT....of course we need all the extra shit to make it more 2013 logical.....got to soften it all up a bit for the fragile people. Shit is all Nickelodeon Awards now, B!!!!

Agree 100%. Never understood why people called stuff part 2 that doesn't have the same feel as 1.....besides the desperation.

Like Snoop coming out with Doggystyle 2 without Dr.Dre...........without WBALLZ........without some kind of funk reference.....and the first single is a trap beat.

It's like I never understood why a person feel they should bring up old songs of a person that they have featured on a song. It takes away from the song IMO. Scarface can't feature on anybody song without some other rapper on it mentioning mind playing tricks or some shit. Shit is corny to me. Or if Pac has a new album featuring artist........why doesn't somebody tell the rapper NOT TO ACT LIKE a fan boy? The song is about police brutality.....not your love for Pac....save that shit for your album and rap about police brutality.

Speaking of Pac.....I was thinking the other day that I would LOVE for his new album to be mainly produced by Quik and Raphael Saadiq. I would make that happen. BUT....of course we need all the extra shit to make it more 2013 logical.....got to soften it all up a bit for the fragile people. Shit is all Nickelodeon Awards now, B!!!!

Holy shit, haha... this is one of those thoughts that i have always had but never spoke about them outloud. It's always been like a petpeeve when i hear these examples on records, and A LOT of artists do this.

I never understood that shit either... that whole acting like a fanboy on tracks, the Pac example is such a perfect example... the same goes for the Scarface one. It takes away from potentially having a great track...

Another one is when a rapper says "oh shit, so and so just killed me on my own track" or when they yield to the dominant artist because they are too insecure to go toe to toe with them...

also borrowing the flow of the dominant featured artist, this one doesn't bother me as much but it's yielding.

The only ones who don't do this are the ones who are sure of their rapping abilities... that's why i always loved that Brooklyn's Finest track with Jay/Big... at that point in time BIG was the dominant artist and Jay refuse to yield to him so he purposely set the track up to make it look like an even back and forth...

Kendrick also held his own on the ***** don't kill my vibe remix by not yielding to Jay.

I feel what you sayin'.. good examples there rice!

I think the same way when a "real hip hop" artist makes a new song, and they always mention the rap game, or how shit aint the same, or how hip hop is dead, or.... you get what im sayin'.. save that shit, make a good song, don't do that!

Back