Mixing Vocals in Pro Tools Express? HELP!

titalwaves

Is anyone familiar w/ Mixing Vocals in Pro Tools Express?
I have owned this DAW for about a year & the only thing I know how to w/ it is record.

So far I have dropped 2 mixtapes using this DAW.
Both came out great but that is because I didn't do any of the mixing...I sent the files to others that were willing to "mix" my projects.

After owning it for some time & also becoming frustrated w/ finding someone to mix my songs for me, I have came to a decision:
I would like to know how to mix my vocals using this DAW.

If anyone has any helpful info. (tutorials, how-to's, etc.) or just flat out willing to teach me it would be greatly appreciated.
I hate it when an individual mixes a song for me & it comes out nothing like what I visioned.

Please help!

Do you have an example of how you want you vocals to sound (any songs from popular artists)?

Every mix that I'v ever done with unprocessed tracks have required EQ & compression, so I'd suggest spending time learning and practicing with these. I don't have a copy of Pro Tools, but I can give you feedback on any work that you would like to share.

The processing will be the same regardless of the DAW you use. Here are a few Youtube videos on mixing vocals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFr5Zb1fLvY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0fi9iqJK00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2x-r4226cA

Adrian, You have actually mixed a few tracks for me...around 4 to be exact.

I watched the videos & even attempted to "mix" a freestyle that I did. I just saved what little progress I did have...I'll probably get back to it this weekend.
Learning this technique is so damn stressful & I just got started.
I would like to mirror what you done to my vocals, you brought out the best in each track.
I haven't even release my latest project (due to not being able to mix) BUT I bump the 4 tracks that you mixed in my car daily.

Your sound is so precise behind the boards. It's nothing I can complain about when it comes to those tracks.
To be honest, your technique is the exact sound I'm striving for every time I make a track.
I know this is a long shot but...Shoot for the moon, I'll still land among the stars

Last edited:
Is anyone familiar w/ Mixing Vocals in Pro Tools Express?
I have owned this DAW for about a year & the only thing I know how to w/ it is record.

So far I have dropped 2 mixtapes using this DAW.
Both came out great but that is because I didn't do any of the mixing...I sent the files to others that were willing to "mix" my projects.

After owning it for some time & also becoming frustrated w/ finding someone to mix my songs for me, I have came to a decision:
I would like to know how to mix my vocals using this DAW.

If anyone has any helpful info. (tutorials, how-to's, etc.) or just flat out willing to teach me it would be greatly appreciated.
I hate it when an individual mixes a song for me & it comes out nothing like what I visioned.

Please help!

Get Studio or Reaper and ditch pro tools completely :P

I've sent you a PM with a download link of some personal lessons of mine for free, cheers

Thanks for your input, Paschalis...I will definitely watch the video clips that you P.M.'d me.
I would be interested in switching from Pro Tools to one of the 2 DAWs that you posted above, however I am on a tight budget right now.
I know that it is not impossible to learn how to navigate correctly thru Pro Tools, so I will take my chances.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input, Paschalis...I will definitely watch the video clips that you P.M.'d me.
I would be interested in switching from Pro Tools to one of the 2 DAWs that you posted above, however I am on a tight budget right now.
I know that it is not impossible to learn how to navigate correctly thru Pro Tools, so I will take my chances.

Reaper has a demo version which almost never expires. You can take advantage of it till you can find the money to pay for it :)

Back