Mixing in logic x pro

IsThisIt?

Hi all, I'm sure this has been posted a million times before but I'm wanting some direct responses.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a good sounding mix in Logic X Pro. I've done the limiting everything method (lol I know, terrible) and now I'm trying to turn down my faders and bring them up with a multipressor on the master. this sounds better, but is still about the same volume.

I know that volume isn't EVERYTHING, but I do believe to be competitive on Soundcloud and such that I need to have decent volume to my tracks. Any suggestions or tips?

This is impossible to answer without hearing it - but it's safe to say that no amount of processing on just the master will get you there; you'll need to work on the individual tracks.

Maybe the problems the sounds you use or something. You got an example?
A habit I developed when making beats, bumps and brown nuggets is the following:

Seems like it's a better idea to adjust volume and effects etc during not after laying everything out via midi/clicking.
Sound selection affects everything at all times.

Although I keep my bumps low it's because some of em thumps a lot lol.
Although that's another thing too, lowering the bass also makes tons of room for volume if not intended to be a lowriding track.

Back