Mixing dance music (130-140 bpms) into hiphop (80-100 bpms) and back

latinbala4sho

Alright, so I want to drop an old school hip hop track in the middle of my set and I feel it'll be a nice break from the super hype club music I'm playing, and it'll also give everyone that "OHHH!!" feeling you feel at a club when you hear a song you haven't heard since you were little. The problem is, I'm spinning songs at about 130 bpms and wanna transition to a song at 90 bpms, so my question is this:

WITHOUT using those transition bootleg songs you find on soundcloud, or bumping the pitch shifter down insane amounts while the dance track is playing and bumping up the hip hop song insane amounts of bpm for the two to match tempo; What's a creative way to mix in a slower tempo hip hop song into my dance music set?

Let's get creative,

-Dave-

Unfortunately, you cant mix in songs with such extreme BPM differences without it sounding unnoticeable, or natural, for that matter ._.
Try breaks, backspins, or maybe cuts. I doubt the crowd would be disappointed at that

Practice trying to accomplish the BPM switch. If you can pull it off you may be on to something :)

yo! improve ur skills at looping tracks! for example-make a loop from a tracks u playing,then shortening it so u can drop a new track with a smooth transition! ya dig!

Back