Mixing and Monitoring with Pulsar Card

Q

QA

Hi !!
I have a creamware pulsar card and i want to mix and monitor (matching BPM) my music with the headphones, is there a possible way to do this with a Pulsar card...... The problem i ran into was that the pulsar card has only one pair of analog-out plugs (Stereo)and no headphone-out, there are a lot of other out plugs, but i don't know how to use them......

Thanx !!!!!

well you need to get a digital mixer with ADAT support, some ADAT cables, and you need to plug all youaudio sources on the digital mixer.

then you need to synchronize the digital mixer with the Pulsar card.

Wait a minute.. what are you trying to do exactly? Matching BPMs? of what kind of source? CD? MP3? your own music? These details are important

the pulsar is an environment with synthesizers, effects, and such.. but not a "DJ" tool really. so my explanations will be different depending what you are trying to achieve exactly

see you around!

Monitoring

I am trying to mix tracks on cd's, it can be done with BPM-studio, But to match BPM, it is very important that i can monitor the track wich i'm mixing in to the other ...
I didn't bought my pulsar as a DJ-tool, i'am also into producing, but mixing is great, and i want start with dj-ing

Thanx....

Do you really want to get into DJing, why not getting some real CD players then? you know... the DJ ones. I dont know which models to tell you to get, but now they make them really nice. Also a DJ mixer.

Then, plug the DJ mixer on the IN L+R of the pulsar, and you can capture the sound of the mixer through the pulsar's OS, add effects etc..

I really think this would be MUCH better than the virtual DJ studios... I mean if you are into music production, you will do MUCH MORE use of a real DJ set than those programs I am sure. Plus you can record perfectly clear audio with the Pulsar.

You cna even choose to get vinyl turntables if you feel like. And you are not tied to your comnputer if you dont want ot

What do you think? Read carefully all i said above, I have this strong feeling.

Back