Mixing and mastering beats

Deck$ter

This is an old beat I made as a junior in high school, I know it’s trash but anyone got tips on mixing and mastering beats? I’m looking to getting back into it

I notice that the entire beat is one uniform shape. You want to have more dynamics built into the arrangement. You want periods of more intensity (such as a chorus or drop) and periods of less energy, such as a verse or buildup or transition. A great plugin to help with this process is Calm Before, which creates contrast and dynamics in your song, and helps make your stand out moments shine. Check it out here: https://www.bigdaw.audio/products/calmbefore

I would level your sounds to around 12-15 db each, gainstage them as well, use some a.i. mastering plugins to start like bandlab, but the main thing i would do is learn theory. The song theoretically wasn't cohesive. I know its old and you've prolly gotten way better since then. If you want the basics i can teach you via IG for a small rate per hour. i would also arrange your beats. You need an intro, chorus, verses etc. Too much to explain in this small box lol. HIt me up on IG @prodbyedren

Back