Mix/Mastering Feedback

norcals13

So I'm garbage at mixing/mastering and was wondering if I could get some feedback on this beat.

I played them on headphones and on some KRK's, but I feel like KRK's translate differently and give you more room for error.
So if anyone has some mackies, yamahas, adams, etc please give me some feedback

The mastering is totally cool, I don't see your problem :D I know I heard the sample before, but I just cant recall the name of the song... could you please help me out? :D

I don't know either lol my boy just sent me a snippet with no info

I'm not a mastering expert, but i use a combination of limiters and compressors.
I often make my tracks in this order (but none released yet :/ )
- making the track
- mixing
- mastering (so I do not master every bit and then go to another part, but i make shure I already finished the track)

Mix sounds tight man, I like the track as well, the sample reminds me of that r&b pop 80's vibe from groups like Loose Ends back in the day.

Mix sounds great! Mastering ain't suberb but not bat either (comp. with dre)
Master is also professional quality tho.
I'm not a mastering expert, but i use a combination of limiters and compressors.
- making the track
- mixing
- mastering (so I do not master every bit and then go to another part, but i make shure I already finished the track)

Why would you master a beat?
Or Better Yet, How can you master a single track?

You don't, you master a body of work like an album, EP or even mixtape.When it comes to music, MIXING refers to adjusting the individual levels of intrumentation and even vocals in a single song. MASTERING refers to adjusting the levels to multiple songs in a body of work so they are all at the same level so the next track is not louder or quieter than the previous and the album transitions smoothly from track to track, and so that every duplicate of that album is exactly the same until it is RE-MASTERED

Why would you master a beat?
Or Better Yet, How can you master a single track?

You don't, you master a body of work like an album, EP or even mixtape.When it comes to music, MIXING refers to adjusting the individual levels of intrumentation and even vocals in a single song. MASTERING refers to adjusting the levels to multiple songs in a body of work so they are all at the same level so the next track is not louder or quieter than the previous and the album transitions smoothly from track to track, and so that every duplicate of that album is exactly the same until it is RE-MASTERED

Album preparation is definately a part of mastering. However, you can master an individual track by giving it the same volume as tracks in the same genre. (Making it competitive)

- making the track
- mixing

I still know nothing about compression or limiters, I need to start researching that

Back