Miroslav Philharmonik Reverb

D

Dj Maranello

Does anyone find the Miroslav Philharmonik ambiance too much? Is there any way able to remove it? Does anyone have it? I just purchased it but I may want to make the sound kinda dryer. I'm used to putting reverb on dry soundfont orchestral samples. I might send it back/sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold up, you are thinking about selling it because you can't take off the ambience and reverb?

2i9h1fp.jpg

You can make it as dry or wet as you want turn the knobs bruh.

Last edited:
The reverb isn't on on there, someone said the samples were recorded with natural reverb. It only has the eq/compression on there which i can't take off, maybe it's different because i'm messing with the demo, i should get my copy of CE friday. Is the CSReverb on the full version turned on by default? BTW do you have a track using MP that i can check out? I haven't heard that much non-orchestral music that used it. I made a quick reggaeton track using it.

Thanks, someone told me how to take it off in the Image-Line forum, i had to go to "Send" to turn it off, thanks alot though for trying to help. I'm keeping it.

Dj Maranello said:
The reverb isn't on on there, someone said the samples were recorded with natural reverb. It only has the eq/compression on there which i can't take off, maybe it's different because i'm messing with the demo, i should get my copy of CE friday. Is the CSReverb on the full version turned on by default? BTW do you have a track using MP that i can check out? I haven't heard that much non-orchestral music that used it. I made a quick reggaeton track using it.

Man you working with the demo? lol man you got me working all hard , man go get the real thang and stop playing lol they have dry violins, and sounds in it etc. If you look in that pic I sent you, you see the first effect is the CSR. Yes they have the CSReverb joint on there as an reverb effect. Yeah I have some tracks, but I can't put them online they are for artist, but trust me Philharmonik is nice. You can stack well with it too, that's crazy. Yeah since you have the demo you are limited to only two, EQ and Comp. In the full version you have five slots to add effects and EQ And Comp. I love this thing and I love the pianos in it also so I don't have to buy any piano vst. it's hot.

Like i said the only three VST string orchestral joints I would trust is, Ik's Philharmonik, EastWest Orchestral joint and Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, though they cost a wop and are exspensive. Ik's are cheapest of the other two and you can't go wrong.

Chris@MixDSP said:
The Miroslav Philharmonik was used all over Kanye West's latest album (such as welcome to heartbreak) along with some sampletron as well.

that's cool, where did you get that info that the Miro Phil was used in Kayne joint?

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
Man you working with the demo? lol man you got me working all hard , man go get the real thang and stop playing lol they have dry violins, and sounds in it etc. If you look in that pic I sent you, you see the first effect is the CSR. Yes they have the CSReverb joint on there as an reverb effect. Yeah I have some tracks, but I can't put them online they are for artist, but trust me Philharmonik is nice. You can stack well with it too, that's crazy. Yeah since you have the demo you are limited to only two, EQ and Comp. In the full version you have five slots to add effects and EQ And Comp. I love this thing and I love the pianos in it also so I don't have to buy any piano vst. it's hot.

Like i said the only three VST string orchestral joints I would trust is, Ik's Philharmonik, EastWest Orchestral joint and Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, though they cost a wop and are exspensive. Ik's are cheapest of the other two and you can't go wrong.

that's cool, where did you get that info that the Miro Phil was used in Kayne joint?

c'mon the piano sucks! it's the only instrument on it that really sucks! i rather use my motif pianos then the philharmonik one...and I don't like the pianos on the motif es.

DaNOC said:

My copy should be in tomorrow, i aint wanna wait longer so i paid for quicker shipping. I copped the CE version. On the IK website i saw that one of kanyes songs had philharmonik in it.

ChooChoo said:
c'mon the piano sucks! it's the only instrument on it that really sucks! i rather use my motif pianos then the philharmonik one...and I don't like the pianos on the motif es.

Ummmmm it may suck for YOU! for me it does me good. I tweak and get the sound I want, a lot of people are not going in deep into these sounds. So it's hot for me, and I just did a hot hiphop track with their pianos so I really don't know what you're talking about. I don't agree with this claim.

the 128 Pianos in the Roland 3080 is hot also. There is another set I use I forgot what they are, hot also.

Last edited:
Its the best sounding orchestral set i've used(used dry orchestral soundfonts previously, i wanted to option to turn the reverb down/off to put choose the amount of reverb, and i have it with MP so that's cool). The sounds are realistic. It would be a good idea for me to upgrade to the full version later on, but the CE version is premium quality. I was going to cop it originally for 50 dollars(STEAL!! (Sam Ash sale)) but by the time my money was available they were sold out, but i paid 90 dollars for my copy(zzounds).

Dj Maranello said:
Its the best sounding orchestral set i've used(used dry orchestral soundfonts previously, i wanted to option to turn the reverb down/off to put choose the amount of reverb, and i have it with MP so that's cool). The sounds are realistic. It would be a good idea for me to upgrade to the full version later on, but the CE version is premium quality. I was going to cop it originally for 50 dollars(STEAL!! (Sam Ash sale)) but by the time my money was available they were sold out, but i paid 90 dollars for my copy(zzounds).

:) I am glad you are happy :O $50.00 dollars? wowwwwww! I know guys hopped on that because that's a steal. Yes I love my Phil and will continue to use it. When I do tracks people are like " what are you using" lol so it's all good. :cheers:

Lol that's what's up, i might be investing in a synthesizer next, it's crazy that it sounds new and the samples were recorded in the early 90's.

Dj Maranello said:
Lol that's what's up, i might be investing in a synthesizer next, it's crazy that it sounds new and the samples were recorded in the early 90's.

Yo ok, what type of synth are you going after? One for HipHop or one that can do the job for all genres of music?

DaNOC said:
Yo ok, what type of synth are you going after? One for HipHop or one that can do the job for all genres of music?
My main genre is reggaeton, i do hip hop and r&b too. Doesn't have to be hip hop exactly(hip hop could use just about anything).

Dj Maranello said:
My main genre is reggaeton, i do hip hop and r&b too. Doesn't have to be hip hop exactly(hip hop could use just about anything).

Oh ok, cool. There is a minimal of Reggaeton kits out there, but there are some. Shoot, if you're nice with it, you can take any sound and make your own style.

DaNOC said:
Oh ok, cool. There is a minimal of Reggaeton kits out there, but there are some. Shoot, if you're nice with it, you can take any sound and make your own style.
I even use 808's in reggaeton, u dont always have to use only reggaeton drums, would be cool to have my own distinct style, people already use orchestral sounds in reggaeton, but i like using orchestral sounds in it, and strings and stuff in hip hop, so MP will do me good. I heard some orchestral hip hop beats one time that was straight.

Yeah DJ, I have done some joints with the Phil, and people are loving it and losing their minds lol Trying to figure what I used lol I aint telling them nothin! lol

I bought the Total Workstation Bundle (the first one not 2) a while back, got it for 250 from music123.

I've got to say, I haven't really used but a few patches from Sonik Synth, which is probably the best VSTi in the collection. Miroslav seems to be geared more towards film scoring, and classical composition, not that you can't use it for any other genre. Sampletank is the most worthless of the 3 on there. Its like a hodge podge of samples from their other VSTi's thrown together, but it is an awsome sampler.

Bottom line is, it's a nice bargain to add some patches to your collection, but if this would be your only source for sounds, I'd say you might be dissapointed, but if you have a nice hardware workstation, you'll prolly love it.

(Oh and the organs and choir patches on there, are the BEST thing in there.)

Back